Chapter. 27

#A.N.: 2 K?!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!!! *Almost falls off the chair* Uhm... *Ahem* Thanks guys, that makes me really happy! (And that was legit, I almost fell off my desk when I saw it lol)

"Leonardo! Focus!" Splinter yells at me.

It's already been two weeks since Val traveled to Brazil, and... Things are so weird. The days and nights are slower than usual, and to make things worse I can't sleep. Not without thinking about Val.

I never realized it until now, but... She's changed me. Somehow...

I mean, I feel more open with my brothers, father and friends, I'm happier than usual, and not to mention that I'm a whole lot more determinated. Or rather, I was.

Now that she's gone and won't be back for another two weeks, I feel the total opposite. I shut my family out, I'm feeling more down than ever, and I don't feel like doing anything anymore.

It all seems pointless. Patrols, trainings, even meditation. Everything looks like it lost its meaning.

So no wonder I'm the one getting more yelled at during trainings. Even more than Mikey for goofing off.

But I still manage to keep going. Somehow I've been doing it so far.

I guess it's because I'm being able to have news from Val every day. I call her mom, though, but she lets us talk through the phone for a good while.

I call in the morning and at night before patrols. She always tells me the same things, but they make me feel better and more determinated than I've been lately.

She says stuff like 'don't beat yourself too much', 'don't exaggerate on the pizzas', 'good luck in training', 'take it easy on your brothers', 'don't let their problems get to you', 'give it your best', 'stay safe during patrols', 'don't do anything reckless', 'how's Zeus doing?', 'how are you doing?' etc., etc.

But what she says that make me smile and yet feel a thug in my heart are 'good morning, babe', 'I love you', 'can't wait to be back to NY', and 'I miss you'.

I always bite my lip when she said those ones, mainly the 'I miss you'.

I do it because I miss her too. I want to hold her in my arms and never let her go. I want to hear her voice as I play with her long, soft and messy hair, I want to kiss her, I want to see her smile, all of it!

But I feel even worse when I realize she's not here. At least, until she tells me the words that I've been using as my mantra ever since she traveled.

'Just hang in there, okay? It won't take long now. Just a few more days until we're together again. I promise.'

Those words keep me going on. Every day, after I hang up I tell myself that just a few more days and she'll be back.

And when training gets a bit rougher to me, I mentally say them.

(Just a few more days until she's back. Fifteen to be precise, but still... Just a few more days...)