Chapter. 29

Finally the wait is over!

Val called me earlier. She said she'd be back today!

I can't get too excited, though. We still have to go out on patrol before I can go and see her.

Besides, by what her mom told me, they'd arrive around past midnight.

If I didn't know how tired she'd be, I would go there and wait for her. Honestly, I feel like doing that right now. But I can't do it until patrol is over.

So I hope this ends up fast. I can't wait to see my angel.

Timeskip

After what felt like ages, patrol is finally over, and it's not even 11 o'clock. So I just couldn't wait any longer, I had to go see Val.

I took Zeus with me, of course. I've been trying to keep him in shape while she was out.

When we got there, I decide to wait for her in the living room.

It takes a long time, but after over an hour, Zeus headed to the door, his tail wagging from one side to the other.

Then, I heard the jingle of keys before the door got unlocked and open.

With that, I see Mrs. Lopes with four luggages.

"Welcome back, Mrs. Lopes."

"Oh. Leonardo. I didn't expect to see you here."

"Well... I sort of got a little ahead of myself, heh."

"*Giggle* I understand."

"Would you like some help? Your luggage seems pretty heavy."

"Why, yes. Could you put these ones on Valentina's bedroom?" She said as she gave me two of them.

"Yes, ma'am."

After doing as she said, I head back to the living room. But I stop on my tracks when I hear her voice.

"Mom, you already put my luggage away? That was fast considering how heavy you made it be-- Oh, hi, Zeus. How's my big boy doing? Did you miss me? 'Cause I sure missed you."

My heart beats faster and my cheeks burn only from hearing her voice. Not to mention a huge grin that forms on my face.

"Wait a second... If Zeus is here, and my luggage is already on my bedroom... Then that means..."

I took that as my cue to get down the stairs and greet her.

"Hi, angel. How was the trip?" I said.

My grin gets bigger when I see her smiling as soon as she hears me.

"Leo!" She exclaimed as she got up from the couch.

It surprises me that she tried to walk towards me in a hurried pace. But still, I couldn't hold myself back.

Even with her parents watching, I hurry towards her and pull her into a tight hug, which she retributes in kind.

"I missed you so much." I said as I buried my face onto her soft hair.

"I missed you too, Leo." She said as she buried her head on the crook of my neck.

I hug her even tighter. But I let go as soon as she suddenly looses her grip.

"Angel? Something wrong?" I asked as I held her shoulders. Her head is hanging which worries me.

She shakes her head.

"No, it's just..."

She 'looks' up and I can see tears flowing from her eyes.

"It feels good to be home." She said as she gave me a close-eyed smile.

I smile and pull her into another hug and kiss her head.

"Welcome home, Val."

Yeah, she's home. And I don't plan on letting her go anywhere else for the time being.