Chapter. 28

Ugh. Can this week go any slower?

I'm just a week away from going back to New York, and it looks like the world is against me for some reason. Is this how it feels to be apart from your beloved ones for so long?

That only makes me want to be back even more. To be back to Leo. To be back in his arms and feel that safety only he makes me feel.

But, there's nothing I can do but talk to him through my mom's phone. That worked, a little.

And to make things worse, I managed to meet some of my old friends, and, man, are they meedlesome.

I barely told them about Leo and they already started throwing questions at me one after the other. It's tiring and a bit annoying.

But then again, I think I don't blame them. After all, last time they heard about me, it was after the accident. I talked to them every now and then about other things, but never about girl stuff like that.

Well, we did, but I always felt like I was left out since I didn't have a boyfriend, nor could actually see theirs.

But now that I'm dating, it feels good to talk to them about it.

At least to the girls. My cousins have been trying to tease me about it, but it didn't matter that much to me. Actually, I played along.

It felt good to be at home for a change. However, things also feel pretty weird too.

It's been so long since I moved away with my parents that I feel like an outcast way more than with the turtles when we first met.

I mean, my relatives haven't seen me ever since I was fifteen, and now that we're together, it just... Feels strange. Like we don't know each other anymore.

And to make things worse, there's this guy that I've known since we were kids that just didn't stop flirting me. He was around because turned out his sister is dating one of my cousins.

But two days ago, I've had enough. Mainly since he grabbed my butt, laughed and said 'Why should it bother you? It's not like you can see it was indeed me who did it, can you?'

I knew it was him. There was no one else there but us. And that did it. I didn't even think twice, I just swung my fist and hit him on his cheek sending him straight to the ground.

Then, I told him 'Just because I'm blind and my boyfriend isn't here, it's not an excuse for you to act like I'm a slut. And if you do, I'll treat you like I see fit. Be grateful I'm not with my knife.'

After that, he stopped coming over. Not that I care, he deserved it. Actually, he deserved worse. Who the hell does he think he is to do that to me?

Anyways, that's one of the things I didn't tell Leo about.

Speaking of which, I'm on the bedroom I share with my cousin, Bianca, whenever we're on our grandmother's and she speaks up something that made me instantly smile like an idiot.

"E aí? Tá afim de uma pizza? (So? Are you up for some pizza?)"

(Pizza, huh? ... *Giggle* I bet that's what Leo'll have for dinner tonight.)

"Pode apostar. (You can bet.)"

(Leo... I'll be back soon... I promise. After all...)

I held my necklace, the one Leo gave me. I haven't taken it off ever since he gave me, except in order to do something here and there.

(We are together no matter how far we are from each other... And we will remain together... Forever...)