Alpha

I held my deep green skirt delicately while curtsying to the tall male across from me who was bowed at the waist, extending a hand out to me.

My curls were tied up tightly out of my face and the dress I wore was tied gently around my neck in a choker like fashion. Long sleeves hugged my arms down to my wrists and my skirt draped almost grazing the ground, my shoes a pair of flat slippers.

I took his hand and he guided me out to the dance floor. The moon was high in the sky as the couple's danced across the street of our market place. It had been temporarily decorated, the stalls cleared to make into a dance hall. This was usually where we celebrated, like my becoming Alpha of the Moon Rose pack this evening.

Yes I am, admittedly young. But I'm Alpha now regardless, and I refuse to let anyone leave my pack without an Alpha. I would be the leader my people deserved, I had to be.

What I wasn't aware of at the time however, were the alarming golden eyes on me, staring from the side of the dance floor.

Enjoying the book? Good!
I know this chapter is really short, but I promise that not all the chapters will be like this. And to make up for the short beginning, I'm gonna publish the second chapter too.