Trouble in the Plan

I'd decided to follow Red around the next Day.

She spent a lot of time trying to help out around the pack. She was able to organize the scouts a bit better this time, and with a bit of coaxing, I convinced her to appoint a captain.

"That way, you don't have to keep up with everything the Scouts do, and if there's trouble, they'll have someone there at all times. Plus, it's not like he's taking away power from you, he'll report to you anytime you'd like him to." I told her as she looked at the scouts and eventually she picked an older gentleman who was good at following her orders.

Even with their age difference, it was obvious who his loyalty belonged to.

As we walked through the territory, I ended up helping her fix a few other problems with tips that I knew from the camp.

"Alright, next on the agenda is Greg's farm, I promised him a good fence after all." She told me reading off her list. I rose a brow at that.

"Will you be needing me there?" I asked, somewhat testing her trust.

I found her smirking at me.

"Of course, every wolf available."

Some how, I didn't like the way she'd said that. And true to her word, she gave the farmer a fence, built by the other wolves of the pack, any that had free time, including me.

Getting the fence up wasn't too hard, though making sure it was stable and straight was a bit tricky, but we figured it out. Through it all though, The Alpha gave it her all every time, and her example helped other wolves to be able to push just a bit harder as well. It was hard not to be inspired by her determination.

I found myself staring at her as we headed back to the House for lunch.

"We could stop by the bakery for lunch, we're needed there next anyways." She told me still looking at her list as she headed that way. I grabbed the back of her collar, and steered her back towards the Alpha House.

"Sweets are not a proper lunch, and if you keep at that pace without a proper meal, you're going to drop." I told her and opened the door for her.

She frowned at me but headed inside.

"Fine, but let's try to be quick." I smiled a little.

"Sure."

We got to the kitchen and the shorty got into the fridge, at first I was fine with it, until I remembered who I was supposed to be.

"What are you doing?" I asked raising a brow.

Red looked over at me with a similar expression.

"Making lunch, don't tell me you don't do anything for yourself." She said standing straight with several ingredients.

I looked away, making a show of light embarrassment. The red head rolled her eyes.

"Get over here." She told me.

I hesitated before sighing and walking over.

Next thing I knew I was being taught how to make a sandwich, which I already knew how, but it was interesting to learn how she made ham and cheese sandwiches.

"Why are you putting onions on it?" I asked wrinkling my nose.

"Hey, you don't get to be snooty about my food." She told me, pointing the cutting knife at me before continuing to slice small chunks of onion on her cheese.

She also put pickles on it, I made a face.

"Stop judging me!" She glared at me, but I noticed a small laugh had escaped at the end of her sentence.

"That does not look very good." I told her simply as I ate my very simple ham and cheese sandwich.

"Says the guy eating Mayo." She snorted salting her sandwich.

"It's good for you!" I told her and she rolled her eyes before holding out her sandwich to me.

"One bite."

"What? Are you serious?" I asked still disgusted by the ingredients.

"It doesn't have to be a big bite." She told me and I hummed in distaste.

"Shouldn't you cut off a piece for me to eat instead?" I asked, being rather picky, really though, I was just stalling.

"Oh stop being such a baby and bite it." She shoved it in my face.

"Fine." I grumbled and took a bite.

I paused, my disturbed expression becoming even more so with shock.

"What the-? Why is this good?" I asked after swallowing.

Red laughed at me before biting into it herself.

"Because it was made by yours truly." She smiled as she continued to eat.

I ate my sandwich a bit slowly, it tasted so plain in comparison now.

"Well, now that you've ruined my lunch and had your own, we need to head to the bakery next?" I asked when she'd finished her sandwich. Speaking of which, she had a few crumbs on her cheek.

Red snorted while rolling her eyes.

"Please, I probably cleaned your palette." She remarked before pulling out her list.

"Yeah, we need to help Mrs Claire with a few of her deliveries, normally she's pretty efficient, but since she became pregnant it's harder for her to get around, and her errand boy got sick recently so she hasn't allowed him to work until he's feeling better." She told me, but I was still staring at the crumbs on her face, half listening and half wondering.

"By the way, you haven't been sick recently have you?" She asked looking up at me.

Softly, I wiped the crumbs off her cheek, and leaned in.