Lucky Lad

So my internet might turn real bad soon, and Idk for how long, so I'ma give you guys an extra chapter today, how's that?

I blinked my eyes open, staring at a ceiling. A ceiling, I strangely recognized.
It was my room, or, the room I had been given to stay in.

Had it all been a dream?

I quickly found it wasn't, as I tried to sit up. Burns ran from my head to my toes, and bite marks and rip marks covered my sides. I hissed as I laid back again.

Suddenly, a piece of paper was slapped in my face lightly.

"Dear Red, I've made a grave mistake. Or perhaps it was a good mistake, because it let me meet you. You've shown me something I need and I don't want to lose it because of a lie. I will tell you the truth, the Whole truth, when I return."
I felt myself clearing my throat as Synthia moved the paper and looked at me with a raised brow.

"Red I-"

"Let me guess, you're not an Alpha?" She asked and I blinked at her slowly.

"Or, did you want to tell me you were a rouge?" She asked making my eyes widen as I stared at her.

"Oh wait! Were you going to tell me you were sent to kill me?" She asked with a satirical tone. Pulling my gloves out, she  dropped them on my face.

I winced before reaching up, taking them gently off and setting them to the side.

"You...knew?" I asked as she crossed her legs. She was currently sitting in a chair next to my bed.

"Of course I knew Alex, I'm not an idiot. The moment you declared who you were, I knew you were lying. When I checked the regional maps, I found I was right, there was no CresentDay pack." She told me flicking the side of my head.

"I guessed you were a rogue by the way you acted. Yes you sometimes acted like a pompous Alpha, which you played quite well. Except you slipped up, more than once. You got comfortable around me and then you started stuttering over your role." She told me as I looked away softly.

"But..you trusted me." I said, furrowing my brows.

"Not at first. But when I saw you getting comfortable around me, I admittedly let my guard down, a little." She said as she looked at my note again.

"When you came to kill me, I was awake the moment you opened my door. But I waited, if you had grabbed me, I'd have attacked. But you didn't try to kill me." She looked back at me with an expression, that I recognized. Confusion, and yet, understanding.

"I don't know why, but you care about me a lot." She hummed and I found myself rolling my eyes.

"Oh don't pretend you don't feel the same." I smirked softly.

Red snorted.

"Of course I do. If I didn't, I wouldn't have followed you." She told me and I almost sat up again before hissing.

"W-Why did you follow me? Were you that concerned?" I asked and she tapped her chin.

"Well, you were headed into an area where there were numerous reports of Rouges spotted, and since I knew you were a rouge. I knew you'd be heading to the encampment. The one that's been hiding out in the woods and was the cause of my parents' death. Unless you deny that." She said with a frown.

I gulped.

"N-No, that was us." I murmured. "Or rather, that was Phoenix's plan, and she sent others to execute it." I told her but felt myself slump into the mattress.

"But I'm not much better."

"No not really." She agreed and I frowned at her, a bit irritated.

"You're not suppose to agree with me." I told her and she looked back at me.

"Sorry, you weren't much better." She corrected herself and I sighed, staring up at the ceiling.

She gently nudged my shoulder.

"Hey, you didn't know that crazy b**ch was crazy. It's not all your fault, and you did turn yourself around. I didn't even need to expose you." She told me as she read over my letter again and I looked over at her curiously.

"How did you know..?" I asked as she smirked.

"I was standing outside. The rest of my scouts were taking care of the camp. Taking out the guards, securing the unarmed Rouges and such. But I wanted you to know just how stupid you've been. So I waited to saved you."

I frowned.

"You couldn't have come in before I was thrown in the fire?" I asked and she scratched the back of her head.

"Well one of the older guards attacked me, so I was a bit preoccupied for a minute."

I nodded. "Alright, I'll give you that." I sighed, leaning back on my arms, even though it stung.

Synthia then crumpled up my note, leaning on her legs.

"It's good to talk to you without you acting around me." She told me before standing up.

I found myself smiling at her. "Yeah, it feels good not to pretend." I agreed and she hummed.

"By the way, some of the wolves from your 'camp' joined the pack. Though forgive me if I don't trust your 'girlfriend'. She said she wanted to join, but I knew she wanted anything but."

I cleared my throat.

"Yeah no, I don't blame you. Just, give her some time." I told her, thinking back on our relationship.

"I'm gonna give her a chance, but like you, one wrong move and she's out of here." She warned me and I raised an arm in salute.

"Aye Alpha." I said somewhat tiredly.
Synthia then walked over to the door and opened it.

"Alex! Are you ok!?"

I tensed as Olivia came over, instantly squeezing me in a hug, that burned like I'd been thrown in the fire all over again.

"I was told what happened but I didn't believe them until I saw you unconscious!" She was crying on me as I struggled not to yell in pain.

"O-Olivia." I managed, through gritted teeth. She let go with a gasp.

"Oh gosh! I'm sorry!"

I heard a snort and a giggle from the door as the red head exited the room, and I felt my cheeks burn in embarrassment.