Pressure

I was still playing by myself. I had yet to finish my game, when someone moved the opposing queen directly in range of my king while he was vulnerable.

I blinked at the hand a bit surprised before looking up, tensing up a bit when I saw her golden eyes watching the board.

"Having fun~?" She purred softly and I straightened a little.

"I'm making good progress."

Her eyes met mine slightly narrowed. "I don't believe I asked if you made progress." She told me and I swallowed.
After a minute of silence, she asked again.

"Are you having fun?"

"Yes, actually. I've never seen an Alpha like her." I admitted, Phoenix hummed softly as I moved a piece in the way.

"Don't get too distracted." She told me taking out that piece.

I moved yet another piece in the way. "I'm not."

"Good." She took that piece also, but I couldn't move anymore pieces in the way.

"If you hesitate, you're going to lose a lot more than you think." She told me before gently knocking over my King for me.

I stared at my game as she stood straight.

"I'm going back to camp in a few days, I've done what I can to help you without getting caught."

"Help?" I asked looking over her. She smiled.

"Yes, though I would appreciate my hair back please." She held out her hand.

I reached into my pocket and gave the small clump back.

She looked at it before putting it in her apron. "Thank you~" She smiled and walked away.

I watched her leave before looking at my game with a sigh.

"Kill Joy."