One Day

I panted softly, staring hard at the darkly red tinted rose in front of me. The sound of rustling caused my ear to perk as I plucked the flower from the soil.

"We should go."

I cracked my neck to the side. "My time will come Alexander, and when it does, that pretty red head's hair will match the blood covering those streets." I whispered hoarsely into the flower's petals.

Dominic set a gentle hand on my shoulder making me tense.

"Of course it will Phoenix. We'll make them all pay." He told me, but I could hear the doubt in his voice.

He thought I was bitter and weak. Oh I was bitter, but nothing could stop me from taking my revenge. I clenched my remaining hand over his tightly, causing the rose's thorns to prick at the back of his hand.

"We'll fall back to Raven Peak." I told him as he let go of me and I stood to face him.

He nodded before shifting into a large wolf.

I got on top of him, laying down on his back. My hair draped across the grass as I set the rose's petals in my mouth.

Shifting turned my body numb. One side of my face was cold as the wind brushed passed it's hairless and horribly scarred form.

One murky yellow eye left me blind to the world on my left. But the rest to my right was very sharp.

That girl had left me to die, a stupid move to make.

I set my snout on his back, biting at a knot in his fur to keep me centered as he started off further into the forest. His stride caused me to grind the flower's petals between my teeth.

Yes, my time will come, and when it does, the Moon Rose Pack will be the first to Burn.