Strange

The best way I could describe Red at the moment, was just that, red.

Her entire face matched her hair perfectly, and yet, she looked almost sick, as sick as I felt.

We turned away from each other and I spit on the ground, while she sounded like she'd thrown up the sandwich she just ate. Though I knew she was only gagging.

Why did my actions seem so disgusting? This was what I was supposed to be doing, so why did me kissing her bother me so much?

"What the h*l!?"

I turned back around only to earn a punch in the face. Stumbling back, I hit the counter.

"Don't worry, I didn't enjoy it either." I said a bit bitterly as I wiped my mouth.
Red's face had calmed somewhat, but she didn't look very happy as she shivered.

"Ugh! I'll never be clean again!" She rubbed her arms as if something nasty had just been poured over her and she wiped her face with a nearby towel.

"Hey." I frowned as I straightened. "I'm not that bad of a kisser." I said, folding my arms.

"Well why'd you have to kiss me!?" She asked and I paused.

"I, dunno..." I answered honestly, while looking away.

I'd gained her trust, we'd grown closer, usually this is when I would kiss the girl, but usually she'd kiss me back.

Sometimes I'd enjoy it, other times I wouldn't. But I'd never felt so awful about kissing somebody. Why did I feel so wrong around this girl?

Why was she so different from my other targets?

"Ew, I feel like I've just kissed my brother." She groaned and put the list down.

"I need a shower." She shivered again as she left the room.

I frowned after her before looking at the list.

Was that the reason? I was more like a sibling to her than a love interest?

It was surprising that she thought of me as someone so close already, but I guess I could understand why. Was that the wall I'd broken?

I thought I'd have needed to break down at least a few more. We become so close so fast. Too fast, and after this, it might be awkward between us, but she really didn't think I meant her harm. I could...I could kill her easily now.

I felt the color drain from my face as I slouched against the counter. I needed to kill her soon anyways but...it felt so quick, so easy.

My head started spinning, I felt dizzy as I made my way over to the list. The rest of the day was easier jobs, deliveries, talking to some people, solving a few squabbles people were having. All of which were out in the open. I couldn't kill her today, not with so many people watching us all day.

But at Night, she didn't have nearly any guards in the Alpha house. Only a couple around the front and the back.

She'd be defenseless against me, especially if I was quick.

I stared hard at the letter until Red came back, her hair now damp.

She looked away from me awkwardly as I looked over at her.

"Let's, just agree that this never happened, ok?" I offered a bit sheepishly, she nodded, but still didn't look at me.

"Hey."

I held a hand out to her and she stared at it.

"I promise I won't do that again ok?" I said with a gentle smile.

She hesitated but grabbed my hand and shook it.

"You better not, otherwise next time I'll break your jaw." She frowned at me and I chuckled, somewhat nervously.

"It won't happen again." I assured her and she picked up the list.

"Alright, then let's head to the bakery." She told me and I swallowed.

"Yeah, let's go."

And the count down began.