Time Will Tell

As it turns out, most of my face was alright. Though my sides still had scars from Phoenix's bites and the burns I'd suffered.

After a few weeks though, I was up walking around again just fine.

Olivia would try to baby me sometimes, but I found I didn't mind too much, I appreciated her more now than I had in the past.

We weren't a couple anymore, more of just friends. Though she was still getting used to the idea. She'd stopped hugging me so often.

Synthia finally stopped teasing me about Olivia as I did my best to help out with the pack.

Edgar and Derik had joined the pack also. Edgar wasn't incharge of a bakery anymore, but rather helped out at Mrs. Claire's bakery, and Derik was an apprentice for a seamstress he was a little more interested in staring dreamily at rather than learning from.

But as we worked together, the pack became stronger and we finally got ourselves on our feet.

Synthia and I became really good friends, best friends really. Although she never fell for me, I never really fell for her either, at least, not in the romantic sense.

But even so, she meant a lot to me, and I'd do whatever I could to protect her. Even if, in the end, she was the one always saving me.

I walked into the small office space that used to be Synthia's father's study.

The young Alpha almost never came in here, so I just came in some times to think.

The room was quiet and almost completely sound proof. So looking through books and even just sitting down to think was great.

I'd even found a small room off to the side behind a bookcase. I don't think even Red knows about it.

I found it a little while ago while skulking. Now I just came in here to explore.

Just as I entered the small room however, I heard the office door open and someone giggle.

Now I didn't hear her giggling too often, but if there's one person's laugh I knew, it was Red's.

I turned back around with a raised brow as I peeked out the bookshelf.

Careful not to be spotted, I saw the short red head smiling at some muddy brown haired kid. His freckled face was nearly split with their own dorky smile.

It was Henry, that kid who was always running around with news, keeping Red up to date with everything going on in the pack.

There's nothing wrong with smiling at each other, nothing at all. But when I saw her cup his face with both hands, I tensed. Watching him wrap his arms around her almost made me growl.

But inevitably, it was Red that pulled him closer, and when their lips locked, I felt numb.

Henry was kissing Red, or she was kissing him! They were kissing each other! But Synthia is only 15 freaking years Old! She's just a Kid! She's not supposed to be kissing boys!

I nearly stormed out of the small side room to pulled them apart, when they pulled away themselves.

Seeing her so happy left a guilty pit in my stomach.

It wasn't my place to tell her not to be with anyone. So I decided I wouldn't interfere. Not unless the kid screwed up.
If he did, he was dead.