Meeting the Alpha

I strolled into town without much stopping me. You'd think these big of packs might have better security, but the truth is, the scouts I passed by didn't see me as a threat.

Once I told them my business, they let me through. Honestly, this Alpha was letting her pack slip through her fingers already. Anyone could have said the same thing and gotten through.

And so, I went through town towards the Alpha's house. I knocked on the door to be greeted by a young woman, rich brown hair and equally dark brown eyes.

I flashed a charming smile and she blushed at the sight.

"M-May I help you?" She asked somewhat shyly.

"Yes! I am looking for the Alpha of this fine pack, have I discovered her already?" I asked gently sweeping her hand up and kissing it gently. The girl's blush spread clear to her ears.

"Oh! N-Nono, I'm not the Alpha. She's actually not here right now." She told me, seeming to hide behind the door a little. I'd predicted she wasn't actually the Alpha, but it was part of my character. I was always very theatrical and playing the flirt who's 'tamed' is always a classic.

"Oh? And where could I find her?" I asked looking confused.

I hadn't expected her not to be home at all, though I suppose she couldn't be home with all the chaos that this pack is going through.

"She should be at the Blacksmith's." She gestured left and down the street.

I flashed another smile at the girl and nodded to her, partly out of habit.

"Thank you kindly." I told her and walked off. I could practically see her leaning out the door behind me to keep me insight. I didn't drop my pleasant smile as I located the blacksmith, though I was surprised to see a couple of people inside staring at their chimney.

There was a large dark skinned wolf and a small girl standing next to each other.

"Do you see the clog?" The girl asked and I hummed. She was a bit small for her age, but she looked strong, and stubborn. This girl must be the Alpha.

"Yes!" A muffled voice sounded from inside the chimney, but I ignored it as I walked in.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for the Alpha." I called, though I knew I'd already found her.

The girl looked back at me along with the larger man. But before the girl could answer me, a ball of soot and red curls barreled out of the chimney.
"Watch out!"

I barely side stepped the ball of grim and girl before she rolled to a stop only a few inches away from me. I hummed as the red head coughed before holding up a wad of something slippery looking.

"Found the clog." She said before noticing me, she frowned and stood up, her head barely reaching my shoulders if we needed an estimate.

"Can I help you?" She asked, her hands on her hips with such attitude, any less confident rouge would slouch in front of her. I straightened myself however.

"I'm looking for the Alpha of this pack, I was told I could find her here." I told her casually as the larger man took whatever grim was in the girl's hands and went to dispose of it.

"Well you found me, congrats." She said as she shook her head. A bunch of soot flew into the air, but I didn't even try to dodge. This girl?

I looked her up and down again, trying to see what I'd missed before, but she was still covered in soot, her eyes matching the color quite well, but some shades of red hair poked out of the dust cloud before me.

I blinked at the shorty in front of me as she eyed me skeptically, her hands still placed on her hips

"You're, the Alpha of the Moon Rose Pack?" I asked. The red head rose a brow.

"Yes."

"But...you're a kid!" I exclaimed and she brushed herself off some.

"I'm 15 actually." She corrected me while flicking something off her arm.

I couldn't help but gawk a little as she slowly made some of the soot disappear. I could now see some of the vibrancy in her red locks and just how black her eyes were. They seemed to see straight through me.

Still, I kept my jaw from dropping by clearing my throat.

"I just, I wasn't aware that you were, so young." I explained, which was the truth.

She only hummed as she brushed off her pants.

"And you are?" She asked standing straight again, her hands back on her hips.

"Alexander Janson, Alpha of the Crescent Day Pack." I forced a smile at her suspicious expression.

"Never heard of them." She said staring directly at me for a reaction, one I gave her.

"Excuse me!? We may be small, but we have many trade routes!" I told her, sounding very offended.

"Sorry." She rolled her eyes, this girl was definitely not what I was expecting. She acted less like any Alpha I'd seen and more like.. a Rouge. It was quite interesting.

I made a show of calming myself down before clearing my throat once again.

"Either way, I have come to-"

"Are you another suitor?" She interrupted me.

I blinked at her, genuinely surprised, though I suppose I shouldn't have been.

"Y-Yes." I stuttered, somewhat cowed by her. The red head sighed while rolling her eyes.

"Alright, you're welcome to stay in a guest room and see the pack, but as soon as you're finished, you'll need to move along or head on home, because I'm not looking for a Mate." She shook her head.

I frowned at that. Phoenix had said she was inexperienced in love, well that much was clear, but not interested? My looks didn't even sway her. This, might actually be harder than I had originally planned, but I couldn't go back now! I'd only just started!

"Thank. You." I said in a stale tone as she then walked passed me.

"Don't dawdle, If you're wanting to talk to me, talk while we walk." She told me and turned back to the larger man.

"I hope that'll do Daniel." She smiled softly at him. The way she had so suddenly relaxed. Her eyes softened and just a few speckles of white seemed to gleam in her eyes, almost like the stars in a night sky.

The larger wolf smiled back and waved to her.

"That's fine, Thank you Sin." He nodded. But once 'Sin' had turned back to me, she was tense once more, her eyes bearing and sharp. Like a safe door being slammed in my face.

"This way." She said as she walked back towards the house. I blinked after her with wide eyes and gave a silent sigh to myself. This, was gonna be a piece of work.