The Dissappearance

*Everything in this book is fictional and not true.*

As they were given good night kisses by their parents, the children would slowly drift to sleep.
Off to a wonderful place, as they slept.

They dreamt as they lie.

As they continued their peaceful slumber, wicked eyes peered at the sleeping form of the children.
The eyes belonged to an unknown creature. Making itself sure that it was hidden in the darkest corner of the room.

It gave a low cackle, before it crept closer to the sleeping children.

And that night, mothers and fathers wailed for their lost children.
They had been taken, and the culprit crawled in the shadows.
Like a theif in the night.

...•...

"Man, I'm digging for cake. All this talk is getting me hungry." Peace states, as she slouched on her chair.

"General, please. We have to take this situation seriously. Over half a million children were taken last night, to God knows where!" The Captain says.

"Yeah, I heard you the first time. You don't have to tell me again. I'm not a little kid." Peace says, as she waves her hand off in the air.

"But you are a kid." The Captain says putting an emphasis.
He gave a tired sigh, before an idea struck him.

"I'll get you cake, if you take this situation seriously." The Captain offers. He internally prayed that the childish General would take the bait.

The General suddenly sat up straighter, and fixed her posture.
"We're treading on a high level treaty here. If you add ten more strawberries on the side, then you'll find yourself in a deal."
Peace bargained.

"Deal. I'll even add a two weeks full supply of soda if you focus on this." The Captain added.

"Deal!!" The girl states, as she began to open the file book containing the names of the children.
After a few minutes in reading, her face fell, in an unreadable expression.

"Wow...That's a lot of kids. It would be impossible if there only is one culprit to kidnap half a million kids in one night, unless he's a Ma**rvel superhero gone bad. Problem is, since half a million kids all over the world is gone, that means, the culprit is also not alone, and probably has friends all over the world." Peace says, as she continued to flip the pages.

"Oh! Hey! I know this little fella." She exclaimed as she points to a name.
The Captian peered at the files, and a confused look flitted on his facial expression.

"You know this kid?" He asks.

"Yeah. He was Big Bro Doc's kiddy patient. Saw him a week ago, while I was visiting. I think he had... Tub-...tumm...-turomony..." Peace began to say.

"Do you mean Tumor?" The Captain suggests.

"Pfft. I totally know how to pronounce that. I just forgot the word." Peace says.

"But yeah, I know the kid. Very nice too." Peace murmured.

"Well, we'll get him back. Along with the other kids-"