The Memory

*The story is fictional and not true.*

//I recommend playing the YouTube video for a better reading experience.//

Her back stung.
The bandages were only a little of help.
The fact that her entire skin was now just ugly wounds, from the last hour was unbearable.

The other Family members avoided eye contact with Anne.
Immediately wearing their masks to avoid looking at her.

A calloused hand was placed on Anne's shoulder.

"If you misbehave on this expedition, you can kiss your friends goodbye." A male's voice bellowed.

Anne weakly scoffed.
"I don't have any friends, Hamish."

A crazed grin was plastered on Hamish's face.
"Lucian, Padparadscha, Artemis, and Seth. Are you sure their not your friends? Because they can be my friends instead."

Anne fell silent.

"One tiny, slip up from you tonight, and you will find a knife sticking up their throats." He threatened.

"Sons and Daughters! Word has been told that a Wizard is living not far from our home!" Father's voice boomed.

The gathered crowd yelled their disapproval of the discovery.

Anne's eyes widened.

"No! No, leave them alon-"

The familiar blade that Hamish uses for his assassinations hovered on her throat.

"Behave." He warns through gritted teeth.

Anne wanted to scream.
To make them stop.

"Tonight, we will end them all!!" Father declared.

Tears streamed down her face.

Hamish fastened the ragged cloak to the girl's shoulders.

"This will be fun..." Hamish whispered.

'What have I done? What have I done? What have I done? What have I done?!' The words spiralled around her head.

Crying behind the mask. Praying that she would wake up from this very bad dream.
And that she wouldn't lose the first friend she made on the outside world.

-----

The house was set ablaze.

Anne didn't dare look at the massacre.

So far, she hadn't seen K anywhere on the house.

A woman and a man protected their possessions.

The woman protected her two daughters.
While the man did not back down from a fight.
He held a terrifying sword, and a huge book on the other.

Father was intrigued with the book most of all.

Mother was focused on killing the woman and her daughters.

The other members of the Family sang the family chorus as the house was lit by fire.

Anne trudged away from the burning house to join the other members.

Relief and guilt conflicted her.
Relieved that K was nowhere in the house, and guilty that she was the cause of all this.

"Truly amazing! With this Book, We can summon other beings to do our bidding! We can unite the entire world!!" Father praised,as he held the book that belonged to K's father.