6. Arrogant

ENO

Arrogant,conceited,flirty but gorgeous.

If someone asked me how will I describe Jake Stone ,that will fit him perfectly.

I felt very awkward and guarded towards him ,maybe because I never get acquainted with someone like him before. Especially his flirting ,it's alien for me. That's why I masked my awkwardness with a blank face. It always work.

But I really felt discouraged by David's decision. But I understand that he wants his son to be safe. I don't wanna admit it but I envy Jake ,he has a kind and loving father ,how I wish.

I blew a nose breath. I scanned the room that I was currently in.I was guided here by James after I aided his bloody nose .I felt so guilty about it. Jake also went back to his room ,with a smirked on his face.

'Arrogant'

The room is very spacious with a queen size bed ,a luxurious bathroom and a fully clothed closet, 42 inches TV ,bookshelf ,a couch a glass table and carpeted floor.

"So this is wealthy peoples' room."

My old room is also big but not this luxurious. I only have a queen size bed ,a simple bathroom, small closet and a TV ,a bedside table where my books are on display.

I reached for my emergency bag in the bed. Lucky me they didn't check my things. I pulled my knives..
It's my favorite knives. A reminder I'm once a killer. I pulled my money .20 dollar bill .

"Pathetic me."

I was about to poke my left eyeball when someone knocked at the door.

I sighed.

"Ma'am Eno."

A raspy voice called from outside.

"Yes?"

"Dinner is ready. Mr. Stone ordered me to take you to the dining room."

"Oh. Okay." I placed the knives and my money back to my bag. I put it under the bed.
I opened the door and a middle age smiling woman greeted me.

"H-hi. Is David home?" I awkwardly smiled at her. There are two Mr. Stone I knew so gotta ask clearly who called me .

"Yes ma'am. He was the one who ordered me."

I felt relieved.

"Oh. Thank you and just call me Eno.I'm Jake's new bodyguard." I can now finally see David ,he is the only person in this mansion who I feel comfortable with.

" Okay Eno.This way." she smiled and lead the way to the dining.

I closed the door and silently followed her.

"Eno!" David called her after seeing her entering the elegant dining room.

"Good evening Mr. Stone." I smiled at him.
He's in the end of a long dining table. Still wearing his business suit .

"You don't have to formally greet me Eno. Just David." he waved his hand and point his left side of the table." Jake will come down soon."

"Okay David." I seated.

"I wanted to say sorry for not informing you earlier about being Jake's lady guard. I was occupied by meetings." his voice is regretful.

"Oh no no. It's really fine David. I know you love your son ,I'll protect him."
I really have no say if that was his decision. After all his my employer and my saviour.

"Thank you Eno. I know Jake didn't want me to know but he has been receiving threats in the past three weeks. I know people will try to harm him knowing that next month I'll be passing down my company to him." he became serious.

"Threats? Like death letters.?" it perk my interest. This is what rich people encounter because of their money. I saw something like this before in a movie . Bitch daughter got kidnap then ,kidnappers demand ransom.blah blah .
I snap out of my thought and focus on David.

Mr. Grant told me that the Stones' money is old money. They were rich people, business men since 70's. David and his Father, Mr. Antonio Stone expands their empire through countries by countries that it resulted for them to be one of the wealthiest people in the world.

"Yes. Though Jake never let me see those because he don't want me to worry, I'm still afraid for him. That's why I don't trust someone immediately. Just because they give you kind gesture doesn't mean they're good. Money can change someone virtues and principles. That's the harsh reality Eno." he sighed.

"That's true." I remember my father.

He's greedy with money. All his transactions are worth of millions but still for him, it's not enough. His a multi-billionaire now but he still continue to do illegal things. He can't even spend it in his lifetime ,it's more than enough. That's one of the things I don't understand.

What is money without happiness? I never once see my father laugh.He smile to his men but it's void with emotion.

I wanted to help him that's why I made sure to do my missions right. Also for him to be pleased by my 'performance'.For him, to see that I'm just here ,with him. But he's a closed case. He will never looked at me with fondness ,shit he literally never looked me in the eyes. That is why ,I left. It feels like he's there physically but missing emotionally. I finally know that there's no saving him.

"Eno ,Are you okay? You spaced out." David waves his hand in front of her.

"A-ah Yeah. I'm fine." I  frowned but looked at him and forced a smile.

"I wanted you to accompany him at all times. His my COO so most of the times he'll be in the office. But my son is a night kind of guy. He likes to party though I convinced him to lessen it ,twice a week."

'Party?huh. I rather kick some punching bag than to party.Party is much more complicated that killing someone.'

'But you want to change your life right? This is your chance to experience how to party in a rich way and it will be your first party ever.'

'Right. This is your chance of change.'

I sighed and internally curse my inner thought but suddenly felt excited.

"Party?Like in a bar,club?I've never been to a club before. It will be my first ever party."
My voice almost went out a whisper.

"Don't worry ,we'll change that tonight."

~~

Kumusta people !

I know its kinda like a filler but don't worry it'll have actions soon.

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.
Thank you 😘

MIRAHIGO~