28. The End

ENO

As long as I heard the explosion, I smack Arthurs' wrist and grab the gun ,shoot him on his on both knees, then the man who is holding David, then the other man standing at the back of Jake ,then lastly Nick between his eyes. Their dead bodies all make a thud.

The three men fell to silence ,eyes wide and jaw drops ,except Arthurs' cursing and pain groans.
The three is root to their place ,just looking at me, stunned.

"Bitch!" the moment I hear Arthurs' voice, gunshots is heard and in slow motion, I saw how James push himself to cover David ,three bullets pierce through his body and i look shock on how his eyes turn lifeless.

"James!" David frantic shout make me move abruptly and turn to Arthur and shoot him to his both hands and both ears.
His screams fill the room, along with Davids' sobs and pleads.

I know Arthur is now disable. I want to kill him but Thomas and I already agreed to let him suffer. Death will be the most easy escape to all his sins.
Well, if he lost too much blood then maybe it's his fate.

Footsteps, screams and gunshots is the only thing you can hear on the outside.
I sadly look at James lifeless body. I know he's not a traitor when we arrived at Davids' supposedly safe house. He left a message to Tuck, Justs' friend. When we arrived, we fought Arthurs' men ,he launch half of his men there to make sure we'll be killed.

It's almost a lost battle, four versus 100 men, but thanks to Tucks' and Justs' surprise back ups ,we won it. Then Nick came up, smoked the whole area and smacked me in the head with a gun enough to make me unconscious.
Luckily,a tracker is attach to this leather jacket Sullen, one of our back ups, lend me.

Halfway I regained my consciousness but pretended not to. So Nick can bring me to my father ,because if I didn't controlled my anger towards his betrayal, he wouldn't make it here, whole.

"I'm sorry James. And Thank you for keeping David safe by agreeing to every Arthurs' demands and threats. You said you're weak because of it, but you're not. You're brave James. Beyond compare. Thank you." I kneel to his side and kiss his cheeks. "I'm sorry for doubting you." I whisper to his ears and let him close his eyes.
Tears left my eyes.

The door open suddenly ,startling us. I aim my gun to the open door and ready myself to fire.

"Eno?! E?!" Justs' voice call me and I relax. CIA go in ,with Just, Thomas, Tuck and the others.

They check Arthur ,and put him a stretcher. The CIA already have much evidences to imprison him forever. I gave Just the cellphone where all illegal documents and transactions was saved back when we're still hanging on the woods. I trust him to take care of it if something will happen to me.

Throwing the gun ,I stand up and look at Jake.

He look relieve yet sad looking at me. His eyes glossy with tears.

I step towards him and hug him.
"It's okay. You'll be okay." I console him, not knowing what other words to say.

I feel him tensing but hug me tight.
"Thank you, for saving us E. You're one hell of a badass woman!" he mutter in my ears, chuckling a little.
I know he just want to lighten the mood.
I chuckle. "I know." I pull out on his arms.
The medics put James body on the stretcher. All of us look at him, speechless and sad.

I approach David and stand by his side. I poke my eyes to remove my contact lens.
"I'm sorry for not telling you who I am when Jake discovered my eyes. I thought that I can protect you by not standing by you. I thought he'll only want me ,but I was so wrong. I think highly of myself." I snort.

He sob then hug me tightly. "No. I'm sorry that I haven't found you earlier. You've been through worst and I'm not even there to protect you. I felt broken when you're gone but that didn't compensate to what you've experienced. I'm so sorry Emilia." his voice break and he cry on my shoulder.

Being called by my real name ,from my real father ,I can't explain what I feel, I feel free. At last.

I smile. "I'm sorry too,D-Dad."
He let me go and face Jake. "Come on son. We have a lot of catching up to do."
I look at Jake ,he's hesitant at first but when he saw the hopeful look of David, he smile and we both help him walk by assisting to his both sides.

I look up at Just ,Thomas and Tuck. Their looking at us happily. I smile and mouth a 'Thank you' to them, which they all return with smirks.

We walk side by side. I glance up at Jake to see him smiling genuinely at me.

Just maybe I can now give him a chance.
Though Arthur is his real father, I know deeply that he just used Jake but will never harm David.

Grant explained to his message that whatever happens, or whatever I'll hear from Arthur about Jake, know that David is aware of it all. About Arthurs' planned on planting Jake on Davids' household to spy and kill him on the right time. Jake was being used but when time pass by, he grows to love David, accept him as his new father.

That is what Arthur lacks, Love. He never feel true love, he was ever treated with love. He grows with power ,greed ,cruelness and coldness.

I understand Jake because we walked through the same path. We've been used.

But now we're both free.
Now I can fix myself. I want to feel new things without pushing them away and just embrace them wholeheartedly. I want to be more human. I want to start new by forgiving and accepting my self. I decided to do it now.

We help David settle on the ambulance so his injuries will be treated.
I pull Jake to the side.

"I need you to take care of Dad. I want to find myself first, I need to. To be able to accept you, I need to know how to love myself first. I want to be sure if this feelings I have towards you is true. I want to be completely whole when I come back to you. I need to heal myself first, Jake. I don't want to keep pushing you away."

He look shock. "Y-you love me too?"

"I don't know ,maybe,maybe not. I want to stay away for a while so when you ask me this question again,I can honestly answer you." I hold his hands and look at him firmly.

He stare at me like he wants to carved my face on his mind.
He sadly smile and caress my cheeks.
"I understand. You can give yourself all the healing it deserved. You're a brave, strong, determined woman. I know you'll be successful finding yourself. J-just be careful and don't forget about me. I love you E. I'll wait for you,forever." He lean his forehead in mine close his eyes.

I smile." I won't. Thank you Jake. Tell Dad I'll come back soon." I whisper before crossing the space between us and kiss his lips lightly.

A promise that I'll come back to him.

As I start to walk away from him ,I know it will be a start of my new beginning..

The End

~~~

Not so ..hahaha

There still more...