20. Decision

JAKE

"Thomas,can we talk after you eat?"

I hear her ask Thomas who is eating his breakfast at the table.

My eyes is glued at the retreating form of Eno with Thomas on her side ,going to her room.
Though Thomas is quite the serious guy, he's becoming close to her too.

After finally had the chance to kiss and taste her ,now I'm addicted to her. All I wanted is to kiss her again and again and again.
Hearing her asked to forget what happened ,it squeezed my heart.
I know what I did only complicated the situation we are in, but I lost control of my jealously.
I know I have no right to be jealous of her and Nick but I just can't help it.

But what I hated now is she's treating me differently, she's back to her old self ,cold and distant.
And I hate myself more for inflicting to much problem to her. I know she's still rendering for the betrayal of Arthur,her being Davids' real lost daughter ,and then me.

I groan and took my laptop and finished the work I left since yesterday.

Nick go to the front gate,with Peter,the front gate guard. I'm planning on adding some security for her safety.

My phone suddenly rings and Davids' name pop up. I accept it immediately and smile.

"Jake? How are you son?" Davids' voice is lace with worry and concern.

My brows furrow.

"I'm fine Dad. How's the trip?"

"I knew what happened at the office Jake. Are you okay?"

That why he's worried.

"How did you found it out Dad?"
I did make sure that what happened that will be erased, the CCTVs and made the guards swore to never say it to anyone ,especially David so he won't be worried.

"I have a man to investigate your situation and I already knew who is behind all this. I know Arthur is still planning his revenge on me through getting you." A tired sigh come out from him.

He hired someone. He must be good to know Arthur is behind all this.

I know their story on why Arthur have so much hatred and resentment towards David.
I know how sorry David is for the lost of their friendship and brotherhood,everyday for almost thirty years.

I sigh.

Though I'm only adopted. David never ever treated me differently. He gave all my needs and even some luxuries. He gave me a happy and a contented home. He care and love me without any doubt. I never feel like I'm just a replacement ,his love for a son is equal to his own blood.

I experienced a pure love from a father to a son through David.

In all that, I'll be forever indebted to him.

"After all these years , he can't still forgive me. Veronica was already gone but it only worsen his hatred for me. I don't want him to harm you son. I already lost a daughter ,I don't wanna lose you too." a sob come out the other line ,that almost make me lost the grip on my phone.

My jaw clench.

"He was blinded by his obsession and hatred that he already became evil. You don't have to worry Dad. I can take care of myself. You should at least enjoy your trip." I swallow the lump in my throat.

David didn't deserved any hatred from Arthur. He already done enough to Eno.

Eno. I don't really know if I should tell David about Eno being Emilia. I can say Eno is not yet ready for this.