26. The Truth

JAKE

A unforgiving headache welcome me when I slowly open my heavy eyes.
Groaning, I sit up weakly and place my back at the headboard.

I look around and frown.
I'm not on my freaking room! It's a unfamiliar place.

Flashes of what happened earlier at the office come back rapidly making me wince and palm my now bandaged head.
My body shake with anger remembering who did it to him.

James Grant. The most trusted man of David through thirty years. His very first and supposedly last assistant ,a best friend through thick and thin.
A good bubbly happy man,but now I can only picture him as a traitor ,backstabber!
He fooled everyone for so long. I grip the mattress and punch the bed.
I got up to look at the window.
All I can see is green. Trees.

Where am I?

I scan the room to get some clue to where I am ,but got none.
I frown. I've been kidnapped ,yes? But why am I not in a dirty cell or something. Or why I'm not tied up?
And Grant is working with Arthur, all this time? And why now?This is odd.

A ticking sound of a shoes snap him back to reality.

I tiptoe and go to the side of the door where I can hide if someone open it. I ready myself to beat up some shit from the person who's coming.
I inhale quietly when the door open and someone step inside.
I kick the door shut and headlock the man. He struggle and stomp on his foot hardly.

"Fuck!" I semi scream feeling the stings from his shies to my bare feet. Unfortunately, my hold on him loosen. It hurts like shit!

I want to cup my foot, that is bleeding now but the man elbow my gut.
I sharply take a hard breath and crouch down while circling my arms to my gut.

"What the hell!" I angrily hiss.
Then my eyes widen when I see his feet three meters away from my face.
Without second thought I tilt my head sideways and save my face from his assault.

Think!

Fight!

I set aside my pain and grab his legs, kick him where it fucking hurts.
I push him and he fall to his butt.
He groan loudly and crouch ,cupping his manhood.

Feel that asshole!

I want to kick his face too but I should get out of here first. That should be my first priority.

I glare at him and bolt to the door.

"Stop right there, you bastard!"

My body stiffen upon hearing that voice. I tense up and feel my body shake with shock,rage and coldness.

"Ungrateful son of a bitch!" he hiss through gritted teeth and I feel him standing up.

Bastard!

The years of rage take over any other emotions! I sharply turn around and punch the man angrily, pouring all those rage to it.
His head whip to the right and he stumble side wards.

"You! You bastard! I don't fucking owe you anything! My life has already been paid off by suffering from your evilness! I don't have a fucking blood tie to you anymore!I hated you before, I loathe you now but I will for sure resent you forever!" I yell at him, furiously. My chest heave up and down harshly, eyes now bloodshot.

But to my surprise ,he just laugh! Humorless, tauntingly and emotionlessly.

"Huh! Don't give that drama script and shit! I don't fucking care about you, all I want from you is the end of the mission I assigned you long ago. Don't give me that crap." coldness seep through his voice.