13. Bullets

Trigger Warning : VIOLENT Scene

ENO

Climbing down from 20th will be tiring as hell but its the only way though I know it's risky.
I pulled my gun up and ready to aim when we enter the stairs. Moving my aim left and above and Jake behind me.

"Let's go. We're climbing down." informing Thomas and Nick.

"We'll be changing positions with the stair guards."

"Keep one of them and inform them not to take action yet. We're on 18th."

We have to lure them so we can snick Jake without them knowing.

"16th."

Jake tap her shoulder and put his index finger to his lips.

I whisper "What?"

"Footsteps coming." whispering while lowering his briefcase.

I peck at the stairs below. Four heads appeared.

"Shit. We have company coming up, four men in blue suits."

Blue suit.

"We're coming."

"No! I can handle it. Stay there. Jake will be out first."
I peck again ,their 2 floors away now.

"No Eno!Are you crazy? I'm staying and I can fucking take care of myself, thank you."
this time ,Jake interfere with irritation.

"I'll be taking care of them and you will run downstairs. I'll catch up." my tone hard and cold.

He glared at me.
"I'm not running Eno."his voice is stern.

But I'm not backing down on this.

"This is not about your ego Jake. it is about your safety at the moment. You know well ,I can take care of myself.I will be giving you way to run. Nick, meet Jake half way when he pass through this idiots."

"And what about you?" his voice seem worried.
I smile at his concern.

"I'll be catching up. I can handle them." I assured them.

I look at Jake ,my eyes went wide.He's staring at me intently. Like he wanted to see through me.
I know he really don't like the idea of me being alone with his abductors.

Feeling chill in my spine from his intense look, I asked nervously.

"J-Jake?Are you okay?" I suddenly feel intimidated by his gaze.

"Catch up ,okay?" his voice came out soft and husky, and asking for assurance.

Sighing in relief I give him a small smile. "I promise."
He look relieved at my reply and smile at me.

This is the first time I made a promise to someone. It feel strange but it give me more determination.

"It's him!" someone shouted at the stairs pointing gun at me.

"They're coming. On my signal Jake. Stay here." I jumped at him and knock his gun away.
Shot his legs. He scream ,kick his gut strongly ,he fall backwards ,unconscious.

Someone fires at my direction and I immediately duck, aim the gun to the mans hand and shot it. Running and slam him at the wall, kicking his junior he fall down not knowing what to touch ,his bleeding hand or his injured little man. I shot his knee so he can't stand and throw his gun on the stairs.

I felt a sting at my shoulder, looking at it its now bleeding.

"Damn." I hissed and looked at the man who shot me.
He smirk and fire again ,running side way ,I kick his elbow with the gun. It fall.