one

IT WAS BUSTLING SCENE IN FREERIDGE, LOS ANGELES

IT WAS BUSTLING SCENE IN FREERIDGE, LOS ANGELES. It was the weekend of summer break, so obviously there was a party. But unlike the police raided bashes held on a weekly basis, this one was different. It was small, but not too small. Loud but not too loud. Filled with high school students, with just enough beer and pot that ensured a good time, but not a police bust.

This caught the attention of a tight knit middle school group of friends; Monse Finne, Jamal Turner, Ruby Martinez and Cesar Diaz. Three crowded around a fence, peering into the party behind it. Chatting amongst themselves whilst they waited for the one who actually looked over 16 to return with beers for the four.

Several metres away stood Izabella Ramerez and her best friend, Nina Watson. Izzy was unlike any other middle schooler.
At 15, she stood at 5'4 with a toned build and noticeable curves. She wore tight clothing that flaunted her figure and made it impossible for her to go unnoticed.

While Cesar was reaching into the cooler for the bottles, a hand circled around his arm. Jumping, he dropped the beers and spun around expecting a 6 foot gangbanger or a cop with cuffs ready to send him to the place his dear brother laid. Instead all he found was a short Latina in a tight dress and eccentric eye makeup.

" What do you think you're doing? ", she smirked, peering up at him. Izzy knew what she was doing. She knew the boy. Cesar Diaz, little brother to the infamous Spooky. A close associate of her father.

" I um- ", he strutted before regaining his cool, " Just getting a few beers ".
" Oh yeah? ", she taunted, " I don't think middle schoolers should be drinking ".

Red stained the boys cheeks as he glanced around, praying nobody heard. They didn't but that didn't stop the nerves bubbling in his core.
" I'm kidding ", Izzy laughed, reaching into the cooler. She pulled out two beers, handing one to him and keeping one for herself.

" Middle schoolers shouldn't be drinking, huh? ", he asked, watching her sip, " pretty rich coming from you, Iz ".

Clicking her tongue, Izzy laughed. He remembered her. " You remember me huh? ".
" How could I forgot? ".
" So what brings you here, Santos? ", she asked, " Bit too old for you isn't it? ".

" Nah, could ask you the same question ", he laughed, " How do you even get invited to these things? ".

" You gotta ask, cholo? ", Nina questioned appearing by Izzy's side. Chuckling to himself, Cesar eyed the blonde.
" Who you callin' cholo, white girl ".

" White girl huh? ", She laughed, " That must've been a hard one to come up with ".

Cesar didn't respond, he only laughed. There wasn't much he could say, standing in front of the infamous pair. Izzy and Nina were known around Freeridge. And not for all good things.

" Is he your new flavour, Iz? ", Nina asked, holding her friend's wrist, " I didn't know you went for Santos ".
" I don't ", she said, before eyeing him, " Even if he is a fine ass one ".