five

Following her cheer meet, Izzy waited for Cesar outside his class

Following her cheer meet, Izzy waited for Cesar outside his class. Occasionally checking her phone and examining her lavender nails, til the bell rang.

" Being a Santo is some serious shit, Diaz ", she started, following Cesar after he walked out.
" Just stop, Iz- ",
" No! You don't get what kinda path you're going down right now ".
" Don't I? ", he scoffed, stopping to stand in front of her.

" Iz c'mon ", he said, " Look, when Oscar was inside, I had a breathe of fresh air. I thought I could just get through high school by just being afflicted and then disappear after graduation. But now he's out and it is as it is ".

" Cesar please- ", Izzy tried to plead.
" There are plenty of people out there, who just go through life with nothing happening to them ".

" But you don't have to be one of those people. You can get out. You can still disappear- ",
" And go where? ", he snapped, " Mm? Do what? ".

She stared up at him, eyes filled with nothing but concern.
" I'm sorry, alright I didn't mean to rev up the pressure ".

" I know ", he said, " I appreciate it...But you know there is something you can do to de rev the pressure? ".
" Anything ", her fingers gliding up and down his arm.
" Meet me after school ", he said, " Your room. Clothing's optional ". A mischievous smile spread across his face, as she rolled her eyes.
" You're ridiculas ".

" Yo ", Jasmine inserted, " I'm all about this 'clothing optional'. How about we take this twosome and make it a threesome and we can get some ". Her arms were wrapped around their shoulders, making one teen scoff and the other chuckle. Izzy thanked God when her phone went off.
" Jasmine's in demand. I'll catch you guys later, byee ".

With a look of pure annoyance, Izzy spun on her heal.
" I thought we weren't gonna talk about us ", she scowled, " That it would give me even more of a rep? That it would make Gina even more pissed than she already is? ".
" Jesus, Iz. When isn't Gina pissed? ".
" Not the point ".

Walking down the hallway, Izzy had to let one thought that was bugging her slip when she had the opportunity.
" You know it's never gonna happen ".

With a scoff, he responded " yeah right ".
" For real, Diaz ", she spoke, refusing to look at him.
" Oh yeah? Then how come whenever we're together, you can't keep your hands away me ".

Izzy stopped so abruptly, Cesar nearly crashed into her. " I think you have the roles mixed up here, honey ", she said with a mocking smile.

Grinning down at her, Cesar just couldn't help himself.
" You know when we do- ",
" If we do- ",
" When we do ", he corrected, much to her annoyance, " You're gonna love it...and you won't be able to stay away from me after it ".
" As if ", she huffed.
" Oh sorry ", he played with a lock of her short black curls, " yeah you're already not able to stay away ".