twelve

" This is gonna be the best shut in ever but we have to follow protocol! ", Ruby exclaimed from the top of the room

Izzy watched, bored out her mind, as he flared his arms around. Nina sat beside her on the couch, trying her best to look interested.

" Dude we know the drill ", Monse said from the chair beside the girls.

" This year's different! It's not about our survival. It's about Olivia. There was magic in our first dance ".

Nina scoffed loudly, examining the manicure Izzy had done prior. Mustard yellow with her middle finger yellow tartan print.

Like every other year, the girls did a couples costume.

This year it was Cher and Dionne from Clueless.

Nina was Cher, dressed in a white bralette with a yellow blazer and a short yellow skirt which was paired with calf tights and black heels.

While Izzy was Dionne. She wore a deep red crop, black skirt and blazer and black thigh high stockings and heels. Izzy had her hair in braids and a nose ring in.

Which may or may not have been real.

" My parents are out so I set up touch control LED lighting ", Ruby continued, picking up a remote, " Bordello Red ".

" And Nightmare on Elm Street's gonna get Olivia a little scared and a little bit lappy ", he said, flopping down beside Monse, patting his lap.

" You do realise that's creepy right? ", Izzy commented, scrunching her nose.

" One step ahead of you ", he picked up a blanket, " In case of a little wood ".

" Speaking of wood...what about Brentwood? ".

" Where's Cesar sitting? ", Monse asked, earning a dirty look from Nina.

" His dirt-bag brother's Impala ", Izzy retorted, not even bothering to look up from her red and tartan manicure.

" He's not coming? Why? Its tradition".

" Who cares? I almost have the perfect P to V ratio ", Ruby stated dramatically.

" P/V ratio? ".

" Olivia and me, You and Jamal, Izzy and Nina ", he said quietly.

" Um ", Nina gave him a what the fuck look, " I don't have a P? ".

" V/V so? ".

" Whatever ", she scoffed, " I've a bigger dick than all of you anyway ".

" Yeah you do ", Izzy couldn't help but laugh, as she leaned her head on her best friend's shoulder.

After everything that had happened, Izzy felt like Nina was the only one she could trust. The crew didn't talk about the photo, nor did Cesar. She didn't know who took the photo or even when it was taken. All she knew was that whoever sent it, set her rep in stone. She tried not to care. She tried to ignore the whispers and stares during the first few days. She tried and brushed them off, she knew deep down that they hurt. They did hurt.