fourteen

Izzy wasn't stressing over the kiss when she got to school

Izzy wasn't stressing over the kiss when she got to school. She got dressed, did her skincare and makeup and went about her day like every other.

When she got to get locker though, she noticed something. People were quiet. Having their own conversations instead of staring at her and exchanging whispers. They were minding their own business. They didn't care.

It wasn't until she got to first period Trig with Cesar that she realised why.

" Spooky talked with the principal ", he told her, " Threatened to get the dogs involved if he didn't let the parents know what their kids were doin' ".

Izzy should've been relieved. She should've thrown her arms around him and thank God for his brother. But she didn't. She contemplated it but it felt wrong. She couldn't touch Cesar after last night, after she made out with his compa's crush and enjoyed it.

" Cesar, I- ",

" You don't have to say anything, hermosa ", he cut her off, " But...we don't have a reason to stay apart any more ".

" Cesar- ",

He cut her off again, but this time by kissing her. She should've felt the electricity running through her veins like she did in the past whenever he touched. She should've been on cloud 9 with her fingers through his hair. She tried to, but it wasn't long enough. It wasn't as long or as soft.
It wasn't Olivia.

He pulled away, a loving expression on his face.
" I really like you, Bells ", he said softly, " Please let me take on a date ".

" Cesar ", her voice cracked but she cleared her throat, " That sounds amazing but- ",

She was cut off yet again by their elderly teacher storming and telling them openly to shut up. Cesar told her to tell him at lunch and kissed her lips again to seal it.

She should've felt happy right now.

She had the opportunity to be with the guy she's been thinking about for months.

But all she felt was guilt.

She didn't pay attention all through class, instead she watched the boy beside her.

He was happy but she had to tell him. It was only fair.

Not now though.
Maybe later.

~~~

Throughout the day, Cesar had his arm around Izzy. He touched her as much as possible and made her laugh as much as he can. He counted each smile he made and every laugh he produced.

She was glued to his side, and avoided Olivia as much as she could.

That wasn't hard. Olivia was avoiding her as well.