twenty-three

After dancing, Cesar threw himself down on the couch alongside Olivia

" No one is into this quince, including me ", she said, " I need you to talk to Ruby ".

Cesar scoffed, " Why me? ".

" Because he's your compa. Please! C'mon Cesar, just tell him you want to call it off ".

" No way! ", he said, " It's your quince, you do it ".

" I can't, I've already broken his heart. I can't do it again, but you can...come on, please! As my chambelàine ".

" You do realise if we're calling it off, I'm no longer your chambelàine ".

" You are until it's called off ", she said, giving him a push towards Ruby.

Cesar sighed, scratching the back of his neck as he approached his friend.
" Uh Ruby ", he began, " I need to ask you a question ".

" Me too ", he said, " Do you think Derek could get hold of a trailer that could hold a horse ".

" What why? ".

" Well I found a dancing horse in Barstow, but I need to provide transpo to and from the party ".

" Okay Ruby, you need to calm down. You're turning into a monster ".

" A what? ".

" A monster ", he exclaimed, " You're into this too much and it's driving us all crazy- ",

" And this is about Izzy. I saw the way you looked at her when she danced with Olivia. It's classic transference, you're mad at her so you're taking it out on me ".

" No, no. I'm not mad at Izzy- ",

" There it is again. 'I'. I this, I that. Cesar, this isn't about you. It's about Olivia. So you need to put jealousy aside and stop being selfish. It's not a good look on you ", he was beginning to walk away, " Oh, and I'm still gonna need you to get that trailer ".

Cesar huffed, as he sat back down on the couch.

" So? ".

" Ruby's getting you a horse ".

~~~

The following day, Ruby was just as rilled up as he was the day prior.

" Unacceptable ".

" What's up ", Cedar asked.

" Jamal just late cancelled practice. He's fired, we need someone else ".

" I can dance both parts ", Jasmine offered.

" We can't just up and replace Jamal ", Nina protested.

" And I don't know anyone else ", Olivia said.

" Well consider this an opportunity to make new friends ", he said, as he got up to answer the door. It was the pizza guy, he thanked them but just before closing the door he stopped him.
" Are you free Saturday for a quince? ", he questioned.