Slow Strides

I went and changed into my pajama shorts and a white baggy T-shirt.

“He should eat. We should heat up that food for him”
I said sitting next to Vinny and then we heard Ron coughing up a lung again. Pauly looked up to the second floor and Nicole pointed up.

“Ooo”
Nicole said grossed out.

“Is he alright?”
Pauly asked in a concerned voice

“Oh my god. Fuck, he’s still in bed” Angelina said

“No, still?”
Pauly said in shock

“He’s like I’m gonna get up in a minute”
I said shaking my head

“He’s getting up now?”
Deena asked in confusion.

“Getting up now for what? I’m going to bed”
Pauly said crossing his arms

“Oh that’s terrible”
Deena said sadly

“Yeah I dont get it”
Angelina said shaking her head.

“Well then you’ve never had your heart torn out. When you’re on that level of broken nothing else matters. Nothing”
I said shaking my head as I looked down in thought. Vinny glanced over at me with a sadness in his eyes. He was thinking of us too...

I know ultimately it was his and Nicole's fault for how everything went down...but it would be a lie to say I was the only one who was emotionally destroyed in the aftermath.
I knew Vinny had been broken and it threw him in a depression of binge drinking and partying for a long time. Its not like Pauly or Jenni or anyone else never told me about what happened after I left..
Vinny shut off anything serious. He hooked up with girls and never spoke to them again. He drank so often he could barely function. If it weren't for Pauly being there for him in that time of need, who knows what kind of person he would of turned out to be 9 years later.

I was happy for Nicole making it work with Jionni and getting married, having 2 kids and trying for a third with Jionni but I had to admit, I was jealous...
Vinny and I should ve married..
We should have at least 1 baby by now and the clock is ticking for me to have a child..
Things happen for a reason though and it would be wrong of me to hold a grudge against Nicole, forgiving her already, and still having ill feelings because her and her family worked out and mine didnt.

I was brought from my thoughts when I heard Nicole speak.

“He’s dying”
Nicole said sadly. I sighed and got up to the kitchen. I grabbed a Gatorade and walked to the stairs

“I’m gonna go pick my movie goodnight guys! Love you all! Vin, you coming to chill?”
I said yawning
Vinny stood up and stretched
"Yeah lets go"
Vinny said and they all said night love you to me and Vinny but of course, there was Pauly...

"Vinny hasnt pounded Jess out in a long-"
"You shut your dirty whore mouth Pauly!"
I yelled halfway up the stairs with a very failed version of an angry expression while I pointed down at him.
His only responce was laughing his ass off, along with the roomies

"Get outta here ya chooches"
Vinny said chuckling

“Please keep it quiet!”
Deena said and I laughed flipping ger off as we kept walking up the steps

“It’s cool Vinny, she told me she’s got a 3 year birth control plan! You good!” Pauly said laughing

“Shut up already huh?!”
I said shaking my head with a flushed face.
The roomies laughed again as we made it to my room.

So I chose the movie
'This is the End'  with Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jay Baruchel, and a bunch of other funny ass actors about dealing with the end of the world.