Chapter One

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Paw Patrol or the characters. I just own the story.

______________________________________________________________________

IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL AFTERNOON the Adventure Bay. Ryder and the pups (including Everest) were just coming back from saving Chickaletta from the mountain as they usually do. After a long day tracking her down, the pups were excited to be able to play. Rubble, Rocky, and Zuma were playing hide-and-seek and tug-of-war in the yard. Chase, Skye, Marshall, and Everest were going to the park with Ryder's permission while he was helping Katie with the air conditioner. They were playing tag for hours until it was getting dark.

"We should get going," said Chase, looking at the horizon, "Ryder would not like it if we are not there when he comes back."

"Yeah," Skye sighed, sad that they had to stop playing, "I guess we should."

"You guys wanna race back?" asked Marshall wagging his tail.

"You're on!" said Everest.

They went sprinting off towards the Lookout. Skye and Everest weren't as strong and fast as Chase and Marshall, so they started walking halfway there.

While they walked, Skye was thinking Chase. She has liked him ever since he brought her to the Paw Patrol. Everest was thinking about Marshall. She also has liked him ever since she joined the Paw Patrol as well. Then there was a loud noise that shook them out of their thoughts. They were worried something might have happened but heard laughing from Chase and Marshall and knew everything was okay.

"I was worried there for a second," said Skye to Everest.

"Yeah, me too," said Everest back.

Everest and Skye have known about each other's crushes for a while now. They have talked about it a bit.

"You were thinking about him, weren't you?" asked Everest.

Skye blushed. "Yeah," said Skye. She has always liked everything about Chase. She liked how he is serious when he has to be and playful when he wants to be. She liked how he was always gentle with the other pups even though he was the biggest and strongest of them all. She liked how his brown fur went with his beautiful amber eyes. She liked how he took care of her when she was new to the whole Paw Patrol thing.

"But you were thinking about Marshall, weren't you?" asked Skye.

Everest blushed. "Yeah," said Everest. She liked everything about Marshall. She liked how he always had a positive attitude. She liked how clumsy he was, she thought it was cute. She liked his white and black fur and his diamond blue eyes. She liked how he took care of her on her first day in the Paw Patrol.

"I just want to have him around me," said Everest.

"Yeah, me too," said Skye.

"Well, let's hurry up. We can't be out so late," said Everest. So they ran.

Chase and Marshall ran towards the Lookout. Marshall, being his clumsy self, tripped on a chew toy and bumped into Chase while they were running. They tumbled into the elevator.

"Just like every day, we didn't miss it," said Chase. They laughed.

Marshall got up and looked out the door. "Where are the girls?" he asked.

"They probably just slowed down for a bit," said Chase.

"Should we wait for them here?" asked Marshall

"Sure, why not," replied Chase. They sat down near the door.

"Today was fun," said Marshall.

"Yeah, it was," said Chase.