Chapter Seventeen

It has been about an hour since Marshall started following when Chase finally woke up. Marshall parked the car and opened the door.

"Good morning, Chase," he told him.

Chase stretched and yawned. "Good morning, Marshall," he replied. "How long was I out?"

"Oh, just about three or four hours. Not that long," Marshall said sarcastically. "You got hit by both darts, so you got stunned by both of them."

"Where are we?"

"Following a man that I think knows where the rest of the Paw Patrol," Marshall replied. "I placed a tracker on his motorcycle so I could know where he is," Marshall explained how he got out of the dungeon.

Chase looked at him in amazement. "Wow, nice job, Marshall. I knew I could count on you. I'm proud of you, Marshall."

Marshall blushed. "Just doing my job. It's not a problem."

Chase stood up. "Well, then," he said, walking out of the car, "Let's go and..." he stopped when he felt something touch his leg. He looked down and saw Little Hootie sleeping silently against Chase's paw. Looked up at Marshall, "Um, how is Little Hootie here? And where is mom?" he asked, looking around.

"I don't know," he replied. "I'm pretty sure he followed us from Adventure Bay. His mom is probably worried about him."

"Well, I wouldn't let anything happen to him." Chase picked Little Hootie up with his hat and placed him on the dashboard. He sat in the driver's seat. Marshall sat in the back. Chase started the engine and drove on. Marshall gave him directions on which way to go and when to stop or speed up.

After a while, Little Hootie woke up. "Good morning, Little Hootie," Chase told his owl friend. When the little owl recognized Chase's voice, he flew up and landed on Chase's nose. He gave Chase's snout a hug. Chase chuckled at this and said, "Yeah, good to see you two. Now go with Marshall, please. I can't drive with you on my face."

Little Hootie got off Chase and landed on top of Marshall's helmet. Chase continued going. After about ten minutes, Marshall told Chase to slow down. "Chase, slow down," he told Chase, and he did.

"Why," he asked, "What happened?"

"The man just stopped," Marshall replied. They waited a few minutes to see if anything happened. All of a sudden, they heard a firework go off. They looked up and noticed dust and smoke coming from a large area. On the map, it said that the man was on the move again. Marshall said, "He's on the move again, let's follow him."

"Wait a second," Chase interrupted. "Look at this." He zoomed in on the map and noticed something. The man on the motorcycle was now being followed by a dozen military trucks. "He's not alone." Chase started the car but continued on slowly. He turned a couple of streets until he reached an intersection. "Which way now?" he asked.

Marshall looked at the map. "Turn to the right, and keep on going until you see a large field. That's where they stopped."

Chase followed Marshall's directions. He turned right and found himself in front of the field Marshall was talking about. Now, he was going even slower. He parked the car in the tall grass and got off. Marshall and Little Hootie followed. They continued into the field when they heard some chains. The noise scared Little Hootie, so he hid under Chase's hat. Chase looked at Marshall, "What's going on?" he whispered.

Marshall replied, "I don't know." He looked over the grass to see the rest of the Paw Patrol in the middle of a circle of soldiers. "He went back to hiding in the grass and told Chase what he saw. "The others are here. They're trapped in the center with a bunch of wolves and people. The soldiers have them surrounded."