Chapter Twenty

The Paw Patrol was ready to leave. Everyone was happy except for Apollo. He didn't want them to leave yet.

"Please don't leave yet," he said holding onto Chase's leg.

"I'm sorry, but we have to," said Chase.

"You know," said Luna, "I have to check on some wolf packs back in Adventure Bay. Is it fine if we get a lift with you guys?" Apollo looked at Chase with puppy eyes.

Chase chuckled. "Well, I'm not going to say no to those eyes." Hearing this, Apollo jumped up and down with joy.

Ryder walked up to them. "Well, we put everything into the plane, so we're ready to leave," he explained. He turned around and noticed that Sweetie's vehicle was still leaning against the plane. "I forgot about Sweetie's vehicle."

"We'll take it back to her," said one of the civilians who were nearby.

"Alpha Luna and Apollo want to come with us," said Chase. "They have some things to check up on in Adventure Bay."

"Well, then climb aboard." Chase looked over to where the camp used to be. Nothing was left except for a broken truck and the crane.

"What happened to the soldiers?" asked Chase.

"They were sent back to the army," Ryder explained. "They are going to tell King Jason that we were mind-controlling them, but now they are back. We have three soldiers that are going to stay in touch with the others who helped us. This way, we will know what is going beforehand."

"That's not a bad idea," exclaimed Chase. "King Jason Puissance would never find out."

Ryder looked at chase. "Why does that name sound familiar?" he asked. Chase explained how they found out that King Jason was involved in their parent's disappearance. "So he's the same one from two years ago?"

Chase nodded. "Yes, but we won't stop until we find out what really happened with our parents."

"Yeah. Anyways, it's to leave for Adventure Bay," said Ryder. "If we leave now, we will get back right before bedtime." Everyone waved goodbye as the plane took off. On the plane, everyone was seated.

After everything that has happened, they just wanted to rest a bit. Zuma, Rocky, Rubble, and Luna sat on one of the seats while Chase, Apollo, Skye, Everest, and Marshall sat on the other one. Ryder was asleep in his chair. One by one, everyone started to fall asleep. The first one was Rubble, then Zuma, and then Rocky. Everest started to doze off, so leaned onto Marshall and fell asleep. Marshall fell asleep not soon after. Skye and Apollo leaned against Chase and fell asleep. The only ones still awake now were Chase and Alpha Luna.

"He seems to really like you," said Luna to Chase.

"He's strong," he commented.

"Just like his hero."

"And his mother."

"I never got the chance to really thank you," said Luna. "You have helped me so many times. Apollo is strong because he wants to be like you. Neither of us would be alive if not for you."

"Don't just thank me," said Chase. "The Paw Patrol helped as well. Back then, when it was only me, Marshall, and Ryder, as well as now. I couldn't do this without my family and my friends."

"Still, you saved my child's life twice. I will forever be in your debt."

Chase looked down at Apollo, who was sleeping between Chase's front paws. It surprised him that Apollo was almost small enough to fit between his paws. Chase had his right leg gently over Apollo's back, while his left leg was being used as a pillow that supported Apollo's head. The white wolf pup seemed to be at peace in that position. "I promise that I will never let anything bad happen to him," he exclaimed. "As long as I am around, I will protect him."