Chapter Sixteen

Ryder and the pups have just finished explaining the concept of how Chase, Marshall, and Ryder were the ones who saved Alpha Luna and Apollo that day. Luna had some trouble taking this in.

"So, what you telling me is, you three were the ones that saved me and my pup?" she asked.

"Yes, it appears so," agreed Ryder.

"And that both Chase and Marshall are in the castle, possibly held as prisoners?"

"That is a possibility," replied Everest.

"So we should go get them," Luna said, standing up.

"I don't think it's that easy," replied Ryder. "If they really are locked up, they will probably be well-guarded. We have to come up with a plan before we go do something."

"Well, what should we do then?"

"First, we have to find out where they are. Once we do, we can look for the best way to go after them. For now, we have to keep these soldiers here as long as possible."

"Why do you want them here for much longer?" asked Luna.

"Well, when we were listening to their transmission that we were able to hack into," Ryder explained, "We heard them talking about taking over Adventure Bay and many more cities to create a giant kingdom."

"So, you want them here so you can prevent them from going," Luna guessed.

"Well, just keep them busy enough to make a plan in order to protect the city, even if we are not there yet."

Luna looked at the Paw Patrol. Ryder, Skye, and Everest were still at the table, while the others were talking to other wolves. Luna noticed Apollo playing with his tennis ball. She knew that she had to help.

"I have a plan that could help," she told Ryder. She explained to Ryder her plan. "And that is what I think will be our best shot at stopping them."

"You know," Ryder told her, "that just might work. What do you think?"

"I say we go for it," replied Skye.

"Yeah, me too," agreed Everest.

Then, it's settled," Ryder said standing up. "We will set off at sunrise, which is in a few hours. Until then, I will get some rest so I can be ready and full of energy."

Skye and Everest heard this and were happy. They haven't slept a lot since they left Adventure Bay and were tired. One of the wolves led them toward a bunker that had three beds. Ryder laid down on one of the beds, Skye and Everest in another, and the others laid down on the third bed. Despite the fact that they slept most of the trip, they were fast asleep. Whenever they were nervous, they found it best to sleep so they wouldn't worry so much. Skye and Everest were having more trouble sleeping. They were worried about the two pups they loved. They wanted to be with them once more. After a while, they eventually fell asleep.

After a few hours, they started to wake up one by one. Because Chase would usually wake them up, and he wasn't there, the pups slept for a bit longer than they were supposed to, until Ryder woke them up. They got dressed and walked out of the bunker and noticed that there were some people walking around. There were some adults talking to other adults. There were a few kids playing with the pups, while everyone else was sitting on the tables. When the Paw Patrol walked in, everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to look at them.

Alpha Luna walked towards them and announced to the crowd, "This is the Paw Patrol, they are going to help us take King James out of power." After hearing this, the crowd cheered. Once everyone was quiet, Luna told Ryder, "They are ready for your command, Ryder. You are their leader now."