Chapter Twenty-One

The pups were very excited to see their parents after so long. Even Ryder's parents showed up. They hugged their son and when they noticed Chase and Marshall. They haven't seen each other in over two years.

"How are you three doing?" asked Ryder's mom.

"We're doing fine," replied Chase.

"Have you found our mothers yet?" asked Marshall. Ryder's mom looked down and took a deep breath. Justin grabbed her by the shoulders to comfort her. It has always been a tough topic to talk about.

"I looked for them for over a year, but all we have found was evidence that they were taken by force. We found a photo of the letter J with a crown on it. I could not trace it back to its owner. "I'm so sorry," she said.

"Don't be sorry," said Marshall. "You tried your hardest."

"Yeah, don't pressure yourself," said Chase. "We'll find them."

Ryder's mom found this motivating. Her, Justin, and Ryder went to sit at one of the tables. Marshall went with Everest to meet her parents. All of their friends, including Jake, Tracker, and Carlos, were there as well. Chase decided to go check up on Skye. He remembered that when he found her for the first time, she had been separated from her parents.

Skye was standing around just watching everyone talk to their parents and siblings. Even Everest's parents and little sister came. This made Skye even more upset that she separated from her family so long ago. Chase walked up to her and stood next to him.

"How are you feeling, Skye?" he asked.

"Fine," she lied. But Chase didn't believe her. Skye knew that if she could talk to anyone about this, it was Chase. "To be honest, I'm a little bit sad."

"Why is that?" he asked as they both sat down in the grass.

"Well, remember when you rescued me long ago?"

"I will never forget that day."

"Well, that was the last time I saw my family. I'm just wondering if they know if I even know if I'm alive. And seeing everyone with their families is not helping a lot."

"Well, that's where you have to open your eyes, Skye," Chase said.

"What do you mean?" asked Skye.

"Well, look around you, Skye. All of these people and dogs, they aren't just their families, but they are your family as well. You were never without a family. We are all your family now. Every last one of us. And I promise, whenever you need me or anyone else to be there for you, we will be by your side, and that will never change."

Skye was almost in tears. Chase has made her feel as if her heart melted. She loved that he would always care for her and the others. "Thanks, Chase," she said as she hugged him. "Thanks for always being there." Chase hugged her back. Despite being the strongest pup on the team, he was very gentle. Chase looked behind Skye and let go.

"No problem, Skye," said Chase. "Um, quick question." Skye looked at him. "Do you happen to have a little brother?"

"Yes," she replied. "How did you know?"

"Turn around, Skye," Chase said. Skye was confused, but she still turned around. She couldn't believe what she saw. Walking up to the party were three cockapoos. They looked around until they noticed Skye. The three of them walked up to Skye and Chase but didn't say anything for a moment.

"Mom? Dad?" said Skye.

"Skye?" the male cockapoo said, "Is that really you?"

Instead of replying, Skye hugged her dad. Soon later, her mom and little brother joined in the hug. They stayed in that position for some time. When they let go, they were all full of tears.