Chapter Five

THEN NEXT MORNING, Chase woke up first, as usual, to wake up the rest. He went to his pup's house to get out his uniform. When he got back, he woke everyone up to eat. Rocky and Rubble were the first to wake up. The next one to get up was Zuma. The only ones that were left were Skye, Everest, and Marshall. He woke them up.

"Hey, guys. Time to get up," he said quietly. They started to stir. Marshall and Everest got up rubbing their eyes.

"How did you guys sleep?" he asked.

"Good," they both answered. They were still touching shoulders. Chase noticed, but he decided not to say anything.

He walked up to Skye and nuzzled her in order to wake her. "Hey, time to get up."

Skye started to get up. "Alright, I was just having a good dream about..." She stopped herself before she could say that the dream was about him. "...about something. Let's go eat."

They all walked towards the kitchen. Skye was exceptionally close to Chase. Marshall noticed but he kept quiet. They walked into the kitchen. They ate breakfast and went to play outside. It looked like it was going to rain later that day. Rocky, Zuma, and Rubble were playing tag while Chase, Skye, Everest, and Marshall went to the park. They played hide-and-seek and tag until around 4:00 in the afternoon. Chase was about to tag Marshall, who was running trying not to get caught when he noticed a dark object in the sky.

"What is that?" he asked them.

"I don't know, Chase," replied Marshall.

"Should we go tell Ryder?" asked Everest. Their pup tags rang.

"Something tells me he already knows," said Chase. They went running to the Lookout.

When they got there, they got into the elevator. Marshall slipped on a chew toy and went flying into the elevator. Skye landed on top of Chase and Everest on top of Marshall. The others landed in a dog pile.

"Two times in a row," said Chase, "Marshall brings the house down every time," everyone laughed.

They got to the top. They all got to their position. Everest sat right next to Marshall. Chase had his spy gear on.

"Paw Patrol ready for action, Ryder, sir," said Chase.

"Thanks for getting here so fast," said Ryder. "There have been multiple sightings of a flying object around Adventure Bay."

"Yeah, we saw it," said Skye.

"It was as big as a car, so it couldn't be a bird, could it?" asked Everest.

"Don't worry, Everest. I'm sure there is a simple explanation of what it is," said Marshall. Everest loved it when Marshall comforted her. 

"Right, Marshall," said Ryder. "We need to find out what it is. For this mission I'll need Chase," he swiped the screen to Chase's pup tag, "With your spy gear, you will help track it down and see what it is."

"Super Spy Chase is on the case," Chase said.

"Marshall," he swiped his pup tag, " I'll need you to stay close. If this object is dangerous, I'll need you to make sure no one gets hurt."

"I'm ready for ruff, ruff, rescue," he exclaimed.

"Skye," he swiped to Skye's pup tag, "I'll need you to make sure that it doesn't go far. If it tries to fly away, follow it."

"This pup's gotta fly," Skye said.

"And Everest," he swiped her pup tag logo, "I'll need you just in case it decides to run to the mountain. You know those mountains like the back of your paw. You'll take the lead if it comes to that."

 "Off the trail, Everest won't fail," she said.

"Alright, Paw Patrol is on a roll," said Ryder. He went down the fireman pole to the garage where his ATV was. The four pups that were chosen went down the slide to their vehicles. They went across the bridge to the park.

They got to the park and started to look around. After what seemed like 10 minutes, Chase finally noticed the object up above.

"Ryder, I found the object," he looked closer, "it looks like a flying vehicle."

"Alright Chase, thanks," said Ryder, "Skye, I need you to go where Chase is and track it down."

"On it, Ryder," Skye replied. She got on her helicopter and went to where Chase was. When she got there, she saw it. She followed it for a while when her pup tag rang.

"Skye, come back to the Lookout," said Ryder.

"Sure, Ryder," said Skye, "what for?"

"Rocky, Zuma, and Rubble have something they want to show us."

"Alright Ryder, on my way," she turned around and went to the Lookout.

When she got there, everyone except Chase and Ryder were both standing there. Marshall and Everest were talking about something. The others were just laying around.

"Well, what was the problem?" she asked.

"Well, there was a call, but we don't know who it was from," said Rocky.

"Did you try to track the call back to its owner?"

"Yeah, we did, but there was some type of interference."

"Where's Chase and Ryder?"

"I don't know, but we are going to wait for them. Hopefully, they get here once they call back."

"So, we're just going to wait till they call back?"

"That's correct," said Chase from the elevator which made Skye and the rest of the pups jump. They didn't see him or Ryder come up the elevator.

"You both scared me," said Skye.

Ryder chuckled, "Sorry, wasn't our intention."

"Well, next time, heads up, okay?"

"Okay."

Skye turned to Chase, who was walking toward the balcony. He looked over the edge toward the city. He looked at the flying object, which seemed to be getting closer to the Lookout.

"What are you doing, Chase?" she asked.

"Oh, nothing," he replied, "Just seems to me that the object is getting closer to us."

Ryder was about to come over to see when they got the call they were expecting.

He walked toward the screen and answered. Who appeared on the screen was not who he expected. It was a white terrier with a pink tiara and a pink collar.

"Sweetie?!" The pups and Ryder said in unison.