Chapter Eleven

Chase and Sweetie were getting ready to sneak into the castle. Sweetie led the way in and if it wasn't for Chase and his nose and ears, she would've gotten hurt multiple times. Finally, they reached the door all the way to the top of the castle

"We're here," said Sweetie. She let out a tiny whisper barely hearable, but Chase's ears heard it.

"Hey, no need to worry. As long as we're together, nothing will happen," he reassured her.

"Ok," she sighed.

After walking a few times, Chase accidentally dropped a vase. The sound of the vase crashing with the floor made Sweetie jump onto Chase's back. Chase looked at her. "Hey Sweetie, you okay?"

"Yeah, perfectly fine," she lied, still breathing hard, "Just decided that I should watch our backs from higher up, don't you think?"

This response made Chase laugh. "Ok, just don't fall and don't let anybody or any more vases jump scare us, okay?"

Sweetie blushed, "Yeah, yeah. Chase, I got it." They hurried off down the corridor. They went down the corridor until they were confronted by a crossroads.

"Ok, Sweetie," said Chase, "Which way is it to the throne room?"

Sweetie looked around. "It's the one on the right."

"Ok, then," Chase said, starting to walk towards the hallway to the right but heard some footsteps and chatter and began walking back slowly.

Sweetie was confused. She didn't hear anything. "Chase, what's the matter?" she asked, whispering.

Chase hushed her. "There are people coming from around the corner. Stay as low as you can."

Sweetie still didn't hear anything but she obeyed. She stayed as low as she could on Chase's back. She wasn't planning on getting off anytime soon.

Chase walked back to the hallway that they came out of. In the hallway, there was a drawer with a mirror and a vase on top. The dresser was big enough for them to hide behind. 

While they were hiding, Chase heard some footsteps of at least 4 people. He peeked his head around the corner of the drawer just enough to see but not enough to be seen. Chase noticed that it wasn't four men, but it was two dogs. They were both Doberman and seemed oddly familiar. He turned to Sweetie and told her to be very still.

Sweetie obeyed. She was scared out of her mind. She stayed low on Chase's back. They stayed completely still until they couldn't hear the footsteps anymore and about a minute longer.

"I think it's safe to get out from behind this drawer," said Chase. Chase felt a pain in his back and winced towards the feeling. "Um, Sweetie, I think you're grabbing on a bit too tight up there."

Sweetie was frozen for a second. It took a second to come back to reality, and when she did, she realized what she was doing. She felt embarrassed about grabbing on too tight, so she let loose of his fur and finally jumped off. "Sorry," she said with her cheeks as red as Marshall's fire truck.

"Ah, it's fine, Sweetie. I get it. I got pretty nervous as well," responded Chase.

Sweetie looked up at him with a confused look, "You got nervous?"

"Of course. I may not show it, but I also get nervous. I'm just as normal as any other pup."

That's not true, Sweetie muttered under her breath. "Well, I'm also nervous, so I'm going to stick by you, is that okay?" asked Sweetie out loud.

"Of course, why wouldn't it?" responded Chase. He looked around the intersection to see if there was anyone else. Fortunately, the corridors seemed to be abandoned. "Come on, but be silent to not attract any unwanted visitors, okay?" Sweetie nodded her head. More unwanted visitors were the last thing she wanted. "Okay then, let's move."

They moved in silence for what seemed like half an hour. Sweetie was following Chase since he was following the smell. They turned many times until they reached a door. Sweetie was about to open it when Chase stopped her.

"Sweetie, if those dogs came through here, there might be more on the other side of the door. We need to find another way in without them noticing us," said Chase. "Do you know any other entrances?"

Sweetie thought for a second. "Yeah, I think I know one." Sweetie went off to the hallway on the right and Chase followed. Sweetie opened a vent that was unscrewed on the bottom, so it lifted upwards and Sweetie went inside. Chase followed her and closed the vent once inside. 

They crawled a couple of feet and Sweetie opened another vent that led them behind the curtain of the throne room. They both hid behind it because there were at least a dozen people and half a dozen dogs. Half of the men wore black suits and black sunglasses. Each one of them had a Doberman at their feet. The dogs had a chain attached to their collars as leashes. 

The rest of the people in the room wore black hoodies, black denim pants, and black high tops. Some of them had black bandanas over their mouths and others had sunglasses on. What these all had in common was that they all had the hoods of their sweaters over their heads.

Chase looked in the middle of the men and noticed someone sitting on the throne. The throne was facing away from them, but Chase could tell that this guy was big. 

One of the guys walked towards the man on the throne and kneeled down in front of him. "Your Majesty, I come to inform you that something entered the perimeter of Barkingburg just a few hours ago. It came in at great speed. It came in a few blocks and then disappeared."

The man on the throne stood up straight. "What do you mean that it just disappeared?" the man asked in a low voice.

"The radar lost its signal. We went to check the last known location of this object, but it took us to a dead end."

Sweetie looked over at Chase, "Did you do something?"

Chase looked back at her. "Before we went underground, I turned off my GPS and signal so no one could track us."

Sweetie looked at him in amazement, "When did you find the time to do it?"

Chase looked back at the men, "You'd be surprised." Sweetie turned back at the men as well.

The man on the throne was about to get up when the man continued to talk. "But there's more news, King Jason." The man they just found was named Jason looked at him for a second and sat back down.

"Well," Jason said, "what's the news?"

"There is a bigger object heading in the same direction. We believe it to be a plane of some sort," the man who was now standing said.

Chase was confused by this response. Another plane? Even bigger? Could it be the rest of the Paw Patrol? Why did they come? How did they track them? I hope I'm wrong and it's not them.

Jason looked up to the window, realizing it was dark out. "It's pretty dark out, wait half an hour and then bring everyone on that plane in as prisoners. Destroy the plane if you must."

Sweetie got closer to Chase. Being close to him made her feel safe. She looked at Chase with fear in her eyes. Sweetie was scared out of her mind. Chase looked at her and noticed this so he knew he had to be strong for her sake and probably everyone else's.

 "Come on, follow me," he said and they both got out the same way they got in.