Uraraka x Tokoyami

Tokoyami didn't usually consider himself to be a very emotional person when it came to most things. He had long since learned to sort of 'turn off' his feelings for protection, to look at things logically and take the sensible route.

But all that changed the day he arrived at the critically acclaimed school of U.A. High. The day he met a short girl with brown hair and a bright smile. A girl who took what he thought was his cold, untouchable heart and ran with it. A bubbly girl under the name of Ochaco Uraraka.

"Alright class, listen up. Today you will be given a sparring partner. This is simply to practice some basic fighting strategies that every hero should know, no matter how powerful your quirk," Aizawa threw a pointed glance at Bakugou, who slouched in his seat.

Tokoyami brightened slightly at the idea of sparring Uraraka, then cursed his weak heart and its weak emotions.

"Mr. Aizawa, will we get to choose our partners for this activity?" Momo rose her hand with a curious look.

"No, I've paired you up based on who would make the cutest couples," Aizawa answered with an entirely monotone expression.

A beat of total silence passed.

"I'm kidding..." He clarified after a long moment, smirking slightly at the shocked faces of class 1A. There was a collective sigh of relief and the short lived tension in the air dissipated. (he really not kidding tho 0-o)

"Yaoyorozu and Jirou, Kirishima and Bakugou, Tokoyami and Uraraka..." Aizawa continued to rattle off names. But Tokoyami was no longer paying attention, mind running wild with the possibilities of sparring Uraraka.

He looked over at her and found her turned in her seat, smiling brightly at him.

"Can't wait to spar!" She laughed brightly, "I like to think I'm pretty good at it though, so watch out!" The brunette continued in a mock challenging tone, a playful smirk lighting up her features as she shot finger guns at him.

In that moment, Tokoyami was grateful for his inability to blush, because on the inside his heart was doing backflips in his chest.

'She's too cute.' He silently swooned, then ducked his head, embarrassed.

Aizawa finished pairing people up and the class made their way to the sparring area.

"Eyy Tokoyami, excited about the sparring?" Kirishima sidled up to him as they walked, grinning widely. "I mean, personally, I'm a little scared about sparring Bakugou~ you know how he is right?"

Tokoyami did know and would have felt bad if the explosive boy didn't obviously have somewhat of a soft spot for Kirishima.

"Sure," Tokoyami responded curtly, eyes traveling over to a certain smiling brunette.

"How do you feel about sparring Uraraka, I know you like her man~" Tokoyami swiveled his head to face Kirishima, momentarily letting his guard down as a shocked expression shot across his face.

'How could he know that?!'

Kirishima noticed Tokoyami's uncharacteristic shock and grinned, "C'mon I see the way you look at her... it's adorable!"

Tokoyami stared down at the ground in embarrassment, unsure how to feel about this conversation.

Luckily he didn't have to figure it out.

They reached the training area and Aizawa spoke up, effectively ending Tokoyami and Kirishima's awkward at best talk.

"Alright... get into your pairs and pick an area, I'm going to sleep."