Bakugou x Kirishima

A/N- happy pride month guys gals and non-binary pals!  ◕‿↼

Hazy afternoon sunlight streamed in through the window, casting dancing shadows upon the walls, mesmerizing in their own right.

Kirishima idly ran his hands through Bakugou's hair, a fond smile playing softly on his lips at the unusually relaxed demeanor. Who knew how long they'd been laying here on his bed like this? Kirishima's back up against the wall, Bakugou's head in his lap, a peaceful air between them both. But he couldn't deny the quiet moments were the best ones.

"Can I ask you something Kat?"

He was instantly met with striking crimson red eyes, glaring lazily up at him.

"What." Bakugou deadpanned, voice just short of being annoyed.

"Well I..." Kirishima hesitated under the other boy's narrowed gaze, but exhaled softly and continued with newfound earnest.

"Well, I was thinking... we should go to pride together this year!" Bakugou sat up and fixed him with a blank stare.

"That dumb parade shit?"

Kirishima cocked an eyebrow. "Have you never been?"

"No, because it's stupid." The other crossed his arms, deepening his glare.

Someone less versed in Bakugou's language might have assumed the scowl on his face and apt avoidance of eye contact meant he was angry, but Kirishima prided himself in being able to read the blond's emotions fairly well, mostly through the hours of exposure.

He laughed softly, Bakugou was embarrassed.

"Kat it's okay." He smiled and moved to cover the blonde's hand reassuringly with his own, he couldn't say he didn't love this vulnerable side of his boyfriend. "It makes sense you've never gone, you are a little-" He leaned in closer to Bakugou's ear and whispered with a smirk. "-explosive."

Surprisingly this earned a snort from the blonde, the inherent cuteness of his laugh making Kirishima feel like kissing him hard.

He tucked those thoughts away for another time, " Anyways... me and my dads go every year and I was thinking maybe you'd want to come with us this time too!"

Bakugou's expression was now less embarrassed but still thoroughly unimpressed. "Still sounds stupid."

"Aww come on..." Kirishima rubbed his thumb enticingly over Bakugou's palm and gave his best shot at a puppy dog face. "For me?"

A beat of silence passed in which he could pinpoint the exact moment Bakugou's resolve crumbled. Then finally a resounding "Fine Ei, but only for you."

Kirishima immediately pulled the blonde into a bone crushing hug, pulling back only to pepper light kisses all over his face. "Katsuki that's so sweet! You're the best."

"Fuck yeah I am." He smirked cockily, but the effect was all but ruined by the rose colored blush spread sweetly across his cheeks.

*****

"I take it back. This is dumb." Bakugou stared scrutinizingly at himself in the mirror, clad in a rainbow striped tank top (Kirishima's doing) and black ripped jeans (His doing).

"Come on~ I think you look cute!" Kirishima turned to face him from where he was sitting on his bed in a somewhat matching outfit of a similar rainbow tank top, sweatpants, and Lightning McQueen crocs.

"I look like a damn hippie Eijiro."

In one swift motion, Kirishima was right beside him, snaking an arm around his waist and sporting a wide grin.