Momo x Jirou

"So... want to dance?" Jirou gaped at Momo, feeling a blush burn hot across her face.

Coming to this charity gala, Jirou had never expected a chance to dance with her crush. In truth, she'd really only come for the supposedly fancy and delicious food.

But nonetheless, this was a welcome development, and Jirou wasn't about to turn it down.

She smiled bashfully and nodded at the girl, taking a moment to drink in Momo's appearance. The girl looked gorgeous in a flowing silver dress that in Jirou's opinion, hugged her curves and showed off her body perfectly.

Momo took her hand to lead her to the dance floor, making Jirou's heart beat wildly in her chest.

Now facing each other, Jirou moved her hands to Momo's waist as the latter put hers on Jirou's shoulders.

They began to sway, dancing together in a peaceful rhythm. Up close, Jirou could see every feature of Momo's face, and found herself lost in the girl's dark eyes.

She felt her face suddenly heat up from the proximity and looked away quickly.

"Hey Jirou?" Momo spoke softly, uncertainly, her voice cutting through the peaceful silence. Jirou looked up at her, certain her face was noticeably red at this point.

"Yes?" She responded just as quietly, hearing her heart pounding loudly in her ears.

"I really like you..." It was so quiet, Jirou almost didn't hear her despite their closeness.

Momo's face had a light pink tint and she avoided eye contact, visibly tensing at Jirou's stunned silence.

"I- I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything..."

"No no it's ok!" Jirou half shouted, kind of regretting her decision when some of the other dancing pairs sent strange looks her way.

"What I mean is," She dropped her voice to a whisper, "I really like you too."

Momo's downcast look was quickly replaced by a soft smile that etched its way across her face, entrancing the shorter girl.

And suddenly they were leaning in, giving Jirou no time to think before Momo's soft lips landed soundly on hers.

The kiss didn't last very long, but as both girls pulled away with burning red faces and pounding hearts, they knew it would be one to remember.

Regaining her composure, Jirou grinned brightly, "Let's get something to eat."

Turns out gala food wasn't as fancy and delicious as she'd hoped, but at the moment she was too infatuated with Momo to really care.

Jirou grabbed some food that looked at least somewhat edible and sat down to eat next to Momo, their hands brushing in the process.

The shorter tensed, but tentatively moved to grasp Momo's hand in hers, heart leaping when the latter didn't pull away.

Unfortunately it was kind of hard to do anything with only one hand to spare, but neither girl even dared to separate their tightly conjoined hands hidden under the table.

Eventually they found themselves in the garden, not really knowing if they were supposed to be there, but not really caring either way.

It was late at night, with the only light coming from the bright full moon shining just enough for the girls to find their way without getting lost.

They walked hand in hand, fingers intertwined and smiles so wide it hurt, making it a point to learn everything they didn't already know about each other, from simple things like favorite foods to deeper stuff like plans for the future.

Jirou thought Momo looked positively angelic in the moonlight and didn't hesitate to kiss her as many times as possible, reveling in the sweet sound of her soft laughter and the fact that she could actually do things like that now.

"Oh shoot, I gotta go soon," Jirou pulled her phone out as it buzzed from a pocket in her dress, and saw the time read 10:30. She frowned at this, not wanting the night to end.

She turned to Momo, who offered a small sad smile, "Well go on then."

"Wait," Jirou said quickly, "before I go I just want to say... I like this, being with you. I mean- I guess what I'm t-trying to say is will you be m-my g-girlfriend please?" She looked down at her hands, twisting them together, blushing heavily and cursing her uncharacteristic rambling and stuttering.

Suddenly, she felt two fingers hook under her chin and tilt it up to meet Momo's kind eyes and crooked smile looking back at her, cheeks bright pink.

"You know I'd love to," She said at last. Mood soaring, Jirou sprung forward and wrapped her arms around Momo, embracing her in a tight hug.

Pulling back before Momo could react, she gave a lopsided grin.

"I guess I'll text you later then~" Jirou smirked slightly at the taller girl's starstruck expression before turning and practically running inside, her phone blown up with texts from her very angry mother demanding to know what the hell was taking her so long.

Momo's eyes trailed after Jirou as she ran, half expecting to wake up at any moment to find out one of the best nights of her life had been nothing but a dream.

She pinched herself hard, then flinched at the pain.

'Huh, I guess things really can be too good to be true.' She smiled to herself at the thought, and slowly began to make her way back to the large mansion the gala was being hosted at.

To tell the truth, she didn't know what would stand in their path as future heroes. But what she did know was that as long as Jirou was at her side, everything would turn out ok in the end.