Jirou x Mina

"Come on! Come on! Are we almost there?!" Mina giggled as she was lead blindly through the forest.

Jirou rolled her eyes. "Yes, calm down- and keep your eyes closed!" She scolded lightly.

Mina smirked. "Okay~ jeez, gimme a break here. I don't want to trip."

"I won't let you trip."

She giggled again. "Really? Aww thanks babe, you're the best~"

Smiling innocently, she was practically able to feel Jirou's blush radiating off of her.

"Yeah, yeah, sure." The other responded, a little dazed from the compliment and focused on trying to will away the red flare of her cheeks.

For a while afterwards, Mina was left to her own thoughts. She wondered where they were going, seeing as she hadn't exactly gotten much warning other than Jirou telling her they were leaving and then pretty much dragging her out the door.

The most reasonable option would be a date, but as far as Mina knew her girlfriend wasn't the romantic type. Not that it bothered her, she just had to make up for it by being incredibly overly affectionate.

Suddenly Jirou stopped, causing Mina to almost run into her from behind.

"We're here." She announced, ignoring Mina's clumsiness and instead sliding behind her to cover her eyes before she could open them and ruin the surprise.

"Wow, total darkness. I think I'm in love~" Mina placed a hand dramatically on her chest.

"Mhm," Jirou smirked. "Sure total darkness is great, but when I said I was taking you somewhere I was actually talking about this."

She uncovered Mina's eyes to reveal a beautiful clearing in the forest, calm and peaceful and complete with a classic picnic set up neatly in the middle.

"This is so cute!" Mina shrieked, stuck between kissing Jirou senseless and running over to go check out the picnic. She decided on a mixture of both, leaning over to peck Jirou sweetly on the lips, and then running to check out the picnic.

There was an assortment of fruit, brownies, and the most adorable little sandwiches with the olives on toothpicks. Mina was sure she was in love, with the picnic and Jirou.

"Wow." Jirou panted a little, finally catching up with Mina. "I mean, I knew you'd be excited but jeez~"

"What can I say?" Mina smiled fondly. "I'm a sucker for a cute girl with a cute picnic."

"You flatter me."

"I speak only the truth." She grinned and plopped down on the blanket. "Now let's eat. I'm actually really hungry."

Jirou sat down next to her. "Me too. Setting up picnics is hard ya know."

"Oh you poor thing~" Mina rolled her eyes playfully and picked up a sandwich.

"Mmm." She said, biting into it. "This is really good! I didn't know you could cook this well."

Jirou smiled, rubbing the back of her neck. "Thanks babe, but I may have gotten Bakugou to help me a little."

"Bakugou?" Mina's eyebrows raised considerably. "How in the world did you..."

"I guess he was in an especially good mood today or something." She shrugged.

"Well then, thank god for that."

"Hey!" Jirou protested, reaching over and gently smacking Mina's arm. "I'm a great cook."

"I would disagree with that statement, but girlfriend law says I'm most likely not allowed to."

"Hell yeah you're not allowed to. I set up this picnic and wrote a song and took you all the way out in the middle of nowhere to get alone time. I deserve some credit."

"Hold on, you wrote a song?! That's so romantic! Play it!" Jirou knew she was screwed the moment she saw the pleading look in Mina's eyes, but looked away to avoid succumbing too quickly.

"No, not until later. I had it all planned out."

Mina grabbed Jirou's hand and squeezed lightly, pouting. "Aww come on, please?"

Damn it, puppy dog eyes. Jirou's biggest weakness.

She sighed in defeat. "Fine."

Mina's following grin as Jirou grabbed her guitar case was enough to light up any room, and make Jirou's heart pound wildly in her chest.

"Don't be mad if it's not good but-"

"Hey!" Mina cut in. "Don't insult my girlfriends talent! I'm the only one allowed to do that!"

Jirou laughed, music to Mina's ears. "Okay- just saying." She muttered, lowering her head and positioning her fingers.

Mina smiled encouragingly, she absolutely loved it when Jirou sang for her.

"I'd rather be tall. I'd rather be smart. I'd rather be sure you know I care."

"Wherever you go. Whatever you start. I'd rather be sure you know I'm there."

"I'd rather I always be a part of whatever you do~ I'd rather be me with you."

"Wherever we go, I already trust, I'd know what to do if it were us."

"I'd know what to say. I'd know how to be. I'd know your entire syllabus."

"I can't think of any other thing in the world I would rather do~"

"If I could be, I'd rather be me, with you~"

Mina sighed dreamily, there was no way it was possible to ever get tired of Jirou's gorgeous voice. She met her girlfriend's eyes, anxious and hopeful and excited all in the same.

"That was so good!" She exclaimed, pouncing on Jirou and pretty much knocking the guitar out of her hand.

"Hey watch the guitar!"

Mina smiled sheepishly, now on top of Jirou. "Sorry."

"I hate that you're the one person I can't stay mad at~" Jirou reached up to ruffle Mina's hair affectionately.

"And I thank god for that, cause if you could you wouldn't be dating me." The dark haired girl rolled her eyes.

"C'mere." She said, and pulled her into a sweet kiss.

A/N- song is I'd Rather Be Me (With You) from Steven Universe, give it a listen :)