Chapter 6

Cole's POV

After debating for an hour on whether or not to stay the night at this motel or leave immediately to go and murder my once right hand man and his brother I decided upon sleeping - or my body did.

My shoulder throbbed and my head felt dizzy. There was no way I could extract my revenge with the amount of pain I was in. I slept the night.

Emily came to me in my dreams. She never spoke, only walked with me. I don't remember where we were going but it was dark. I couldn't even see her. The only reason I know it was Emily is because of her presence. A firm hand gripped mine and I knew. It was hers. She was there with me and we walked endlessly, together.

What was so confronting about her? It could be that she's the only one who has saw the good in me. Faith could've been that girl. My mother could've taken me with her and life would be different. Boo hoo. Get over it, self. 

My mind could only torment me with what could've been if I let it. If I think about her. So I won't.

Check out from the motel was 11am. I didn't bother returning the key card. I just left it in the room and began to walk. The motel was in a small town. I just needed a ride back to the woods I had tried so desperately to get out of.

I knew that is where Zac and Alec would go. That's where everything they need is. I'm sure it's protected by police, not that that would stop them. It'd be a quick trip for them just to grab money, clothes, and weapons I'm sure.

Stealing a car crossed my mind but I'd need to make sure it wouldn't get traced back to me. Walking down the sidewalk watching over my shoulders to make sure the few people I was passing on the street didn't do a double take on me.

I didn't truly know if my picture was out there. I don't recall having any at the cabin. The only way they would know about me is if Alec, Max, or Jesse had snitched. I passed a small diner and went inside. I'm sure the $20 I have is enough to get me something.

An older lady wearing a red apron approached me.

"Mornin Darlin' is it just you?" She asked. I nodded.

I followed her to a one person table in the corner and she handed me a menu.

"I'll give you a minute." She winked as she left. I looked to menu browsing my options.

A high pitched voice opened my ears. "I'm telling you there is something in your teeth!"

"Oh my God there is NOT! Stop trying to trick me." Another female voice said back.

I looked to my right. Two young girls continued to bicker to each other about whether or not something was in the blonde ones teeth. The other girl was brunette. They somehow reminded me of the girls back at the cabin. Zac and Jesse's girls.

"Serious go to the bathroom with me so I can prove it." They got up from their table. I rolled my eyes and watched as they walked passed my table to the bathrooms.

I turned my head back to their table out of curiosity. Sitting there like it was meant for me...a set of keys. Car keys.

Could stealing a car be any easier?

I cleared my throat and looked around to make sure no one was watching. I strolled passed the keys and used my sticky hands to obtain them. The fresh air hit my face and was surprisingly nice. My cheeks were red from the nerves.

I used the beeper on the keys to make the car unlock. A sound came from near by. It was close. I looked for the car that had lights on. There is was. It was a bug. A bright yellow bug.