Chapter 19

Wind chilled my arms as I took a deep breath in. I was walking down the street on my way to....no where. I couldn't remember where I was going.

I wasn't wearing much of anything, a pair of sweats and a tank. It was dark with only the street lights to keep me on the right path.

I felt a twitch in my lower back and started to walk faster.

There was someone following me. I couldn't see them but I could feel their eyes burning into the back of my head.

I let out a big breath and saw the hot white air come out of my mouth, was it really that cold?

My feet were hitting the pavement hard...when did I start running?

I looked behind me, there was no one.

I stopped moving. Who or what did I have to be running from?

Before I could come to a conclusion a hand covered my mouth. I couldn't scream.

I began to kick and hit but at alas it was useless.

I closed my eyes to gather strength but when I opened them I was on my bed.

A hand still covered my mouth. There only light I had was coming from the digital clock I had on the other side of my room.

I was flailing around, the person who was in bed with me tried to keep me still.

A cool breeze fell over my face as I realized there were hot tears running down my cheeks. A quick look over to my window and I saw that it was open. I just woke up from a nightmare but this...this was real.

I brought my hands to my mouth grabbing the person who was covering it. This was fucking  real.

"Shhh it's me." A voice whispered in my ear.

I focused on myself realizing that I was screaming. The hand that covered my mouth was muting it.

"Emily. It's okay." The voice whispered again.

It sounded like...Cole? Cole?!

I stopped trying to make noise and began to stop myself from moving. A small shake fled through me.

"C-cole?!" I stuttered as he moved his hand.

"Yeah, it's me." His breath touched my ear. He was close.

Too close.

"What the fuck?!" I questioned.

"Shhh. I texted but you didn't responded." he said.

"Yeah. I was sleeping!" I didn't lower my voice.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay." He was calm.

I was not.

"So you break in my room and get in bed with me?!"

I turned on a light that was on my bedside table.

Cole looked like shit. His eyes were droopy with bags so purple it looked like eye shadow.

"You're crying." He rubbed the tears off of my eyes.

"What. do. you. want." I pushed his hands away showing that I was very  done with what was happening.

"What happened after I left?"

I was stunned.

Did he really just break into my room, wake me up scared half to death, just to ask me what happened after he left?!

I didn't answer.

"Emily?" He played dumb.

"My house is on watch. How the hell did you get in here?!"