Chapter 25

I starred blankly at my phone waiting to see how Cole would react. He was hovering over my shoulder squinting at the phone's bright screen.

He didn't speak, instead he grabbed my phone and put it down so the light wasn't bothering him.

"I'll deal with it." He laid on his back.

My eyes were open but the room was pitch black. I couldn't see anything.

"What do you mean?" I knew full well what he meant.

"I'll take care of it." Cole sounded confident.

"By doing what?" I turned on my side to face him.

He noticed and turned only his head in my direction. I couldn't see but I could feel his hair brush onto my forehead.

"Whatever I need to."

I felt all of the warmth I had from the blanket I was under leave my body.

He is going to kill her.

I sighed. "Cole."

He didn't respond. His head turned back to face up.

"I won't kill her." He said to my surprise.

"Oh...well what are you going to do?" I asked.

"Just take her somewhere. Until this is all over." He told me.

"No! You can't do that. I'll take care of it." I huffed.

Cole laughed. "Sure you will."

He turned his body away from me so I did the same. Our backs were facing towards each other both of us staying awake just in case either of us decided to sneak out to fix this Emma problem.

If I were to fall asleep I am afraid Cole would go take care of it now.

"What if it's not her?" I quietly remarked.

"What?" Cole turned towards me.

I held my breath.

"Emily?" He asked getting close to my ear.

I still didn't respond. My theories were terrible to think about.

"Fine." Cole said. "I won't take her anywhere. We'll come up with a a plan. Together." He told me.

Shit. Now I have to tell him what I'm thinking. It was what needed to be done to trust each other more, wasn't it?

Stupid Cole and our stupid trust issues.

COLE'S POV

Emily's phone buzzed and kept buzzing. Phones and their excessive vibrations when you don't check a text right away is something I could live without. I couldn't sleep anyway but this was not helping.

She picked up her phone and read the message. I admit I was curious. I propped myself up and looked over her shoulder.

It was a text from Emma?

"I'll deal with it." I told Emily after reading what Emma said.

Emily must have the worst thoughts running through her head. I won't let Emma expose her. How the hell did she even find out? Is she bluffing?

"What do you mean?" Her voice was careful to ask me.

"I'll take care of it." I made sure to say it with confidence.

"By doing what?" Emily turned to face me.

"Whatever I need to." I meant kill her.

"Cole." Emily sighed.