Chapter 16

I ignored Cole for as long as I could. It was too personal, what he asked.

"Tell me what you talk about in therapy." He said.

How was I suppose to explain to him that I talked about nothing?

My therapist has been trying for as long as I've been here to get me to speak but I don't. How am I suppose to? I never told the police about Cole. The boys no doubt did when they were taken into custody. That's why Cole is being so careful around me, he doesn't want to get made out.

If I even began to talk about my experience at the cabin I'd have no other option than to talk about Cole. I'm sure everyone is already suspicious about why I never mentioned him but the guys did. What was I hiding?

I was basically showing up to these appointments just to sit in silence while the doctor wrote stuff down on paper until our time was up.

We pulled up to a small building on the side of a busy road. Therapy awaits.

"You're not going in until you tell me." Cole grabbed my arm

I locked eyes and tensed up my body. It relaxed as Cole let go.

Were the voices talking to him again?

I swallowed. "I don't talk about anything."

"Then why do you go?" He looked passed me and laid his eyes upon the office building.

"Because I'm required to."

"What would you talk about?"

"What?" I questioned.

"If you did talk to your doctor...what would you say?"

COLE'S POV

I pulled into a big driveway that was accompanied by the smallest building I have ever laid eyes on.

Emily began to open her door. I had to stop her, she hasn't answered my question. Something told me to make sure she wasn't going to rat me out. So much for trusting her.

"You're not going until you tell me." I grabbed her arm.

Her eyes met mine and her body became hard. I let go careful not to scare her.

"I don't talk about anything."

Then why does she go? The thought popped into my head with a deeper and older males presence.

"Then why do you go?" I looked through her window to see if anyone was watching us.

"Because I'm required to."

My paranoia grew.

"What would you talk about?" I wanted to know.

Would she talk about me? About what happened to her? Her life before me?

"What?" Emily was confused.

"If you did talk to your doctor...what would you say?" I looked back into her eyes and spoke slowly.

"He wants me to talk about what happened to me. Why I'm here. So probably that." She looked down.

I felt breathing down my neck. I knew now. My father was here trying to persuade to get angry.

A strong feeling of wanting to take my fist to her head quickly passed over me.

"Go." I placed my hands on the steering wheel.

I turned my body towards it too, keeping my hands on 10 and 2 and squeezing. I flexed my abs and closed my eyes.

"GO!" I yelled and Emily finally got out.