Chapter 33

"What do you mean you told him everything?!" Cole was yelling me at me through the phone.

I sat on my bed waiting for Mark to say something - anything. He was silent the entire ride home and especially cold when we got home. Helen's car wasn't here, she must still be at work.

At least he didn't have to deal with her. Is he going to tell her? Surely not. He's covered for me before.

"We can trust him, Cole." I tried to convince him.

Could we trust, Mark? I'm not sure. I told him everything though, so let's hope the answer is yes.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

There was a knock on my door.

"Madison?" Mark's voice was soft as he spoke through the 2 inches of wood that stood between us.

He didn't sound angry, that doesn't mean he isn't.

"Yeah?" I asked and he opened the door.

"Emily?" Cole was still on the line.

I muted myself and put my phone facing down.

"Is your...friend..coming over?" Mark sighed as he asked that.

"Yeah. He's on his way now."

We are taking about Cole.

"Come down to the living room. I don't want him in here." Mark looked disgusted at the thought of Cole being in here with me.

He really does give off dad energy. Maybe he thinks of me as like the daughter he lost?

Mark left the room.

"Cole?" I picked up my phone.

"Yeah?"

"Come in through the front door." I hung up the phone.

I didn't tell Cole Mark wanted to confront him. Should I of?

My feet lead me down to our family couch. Mark was drinking from a bottle of alcohol.

I guess he deserves a drink or two.

The front door opened and Cole came walking in.

His eyes met mine and I saw panic fill him up.

"Sit down." Mark pulled out his police issued gun and pointed it at Cole.

"Whoa, Mark!" I stood up.

"It's okay, Emily." Cole put his hands in the air and slowly walked over to the same place I was sitting.

"Not there." Mark told him.

Cole slowly moved to a chair that was next to me. Mark sat down too, across from both of us.

"Put the gun away. There is no need for one." I begged.

Did he want to kill Cole?

Mark didn't listen to me.

"Is it true you helped her escape those woods she was trapped in?" Mark asked Cole.

Cole first looked to me and then to him. He nodded yes.

He was not scared anymore. Cole almost smiled.

Mark lowered his gun.

"You're just here to help?" Mark sounded upset.

"Yes sir." Cole sounded intimidating.

This was not the time for alpha Cole to come out to play.

"I told you. He was there the same time as me. I wouldn't of been able to escape if not for Cole." I tried to let Cole in on what specifically I had told Mark.