Cheated out of Mortality (Chapter Three)

Chapter Three

As I thought, I didn't sleep the whole night.  It was so boring!  Fez didn't sleep either, but he's a ghost so that was obvious.  I had watched him float around the room, and it made me want to fly around.

When morning finally came after what felt like a year, I was so happy.    I ended up being the first one up, and that's rare.  I usually like to sleep in, but since I'm never tired anymore there was no need to sleep in.

I went into the kitchen thinking about what I should make myself for breakfast, but then my little friend reality slapped me in the face and reminded me that I was immoral and therefore didn't need to eat.

Fez, who had followed me downstairs and into the kitchen, landed on the ground and walked over to the living room, where he sat on the couch.  I followed him, and that's when I realized that Fez had always been wearing the same outfit: denim shorts and a plain white V-neck.

"Hey, Fez?" I started.

He looked at me with eyes that I just now noticed were green.  "Yeah?"

"I'm curious, so I have a question.  And PLEASE don't say 'I'm not answering until you agree to be my friend' because how do I become friends with someone if they won't tell me anything about themselves?"

"Ask your question."

"Oh right, the question.  Are you able to change clothes?"

"No, I died in these clothes."

"So you were awake when you died!  No one I know wears denim to sleep, unless they fell asleep by accident or something."

"I'm not confirming that."

"Who killed you?"

"Not answering."

"What's your last name?"

"Not answering."

"When did you become a ghost?"

"Not answering."

"YOU ARE IMPOSSIBLE!"  I stomped my right foot and turned around to face in the opposite direction with my arms folded.

He didn't die of age, since he told me he was fourteen when I first met him.  Maybe he was murdered, or diseased.  But why would he be murdered?  That is just mean!  Unless, he is actually a very evil little kid who is only pretending to be nice to me.  Maybe if I become friends with him I'll sign some invisible contract making me his personnal servent or something like that.  He is so evil!

I snuck a glance at him.  He was staring at me, waiting for me to say something.  I quickly turned back around and continued my train of thought.

So, maybe he wasn't murdered.  Maybe he was very sick.  That's a possiblity.  What if he has some secret power like Amanda and is reading every single thought I am thinking right now?!  I'll just pretend he can't and continue thinking of how he died.

What if he was very poor and died of starvation?  Or maybe he was saved by a ghost and killed by Amanda?  Maybe he was killed in an accident like I almost was.

 I got so lost in thought, that I jumped and fell over when I heard my sister call my name from upstairs.

"ANGELINA!  ARE YOU AWAKE?" She yelled.

I heard Fez chuckle as I picked myself off the floor before she could see me.

"If I wasn't before than I am now," I replied as she came down the staircase.

"You're up early."

"I had no idea."

"Cut the sarcasm and make me breakfast."