Cheated out of Mortality (Chapter Five)

Chapter Five

In the morning, I put on some white shorts with pockets and a pink tank top.  I put my hair up in a high ponytail and about to put some make up on.  I walked over to my mirror that rested on top of short dresser with six drawers.  In the top right one, I kept all my beauty stuff.  Inside, was six bottles of lotion, two of perfume, one bottle of hand sanitizer, a brush, my box of hair accessories, and my box of make up stuff.

I pulled out the box of make up stuff and placed on top of the dresser.

"Do you really need all that stuff on your face?" Fez asked me.  He was hovering behind me.

"No.  I'm only putting lip gloss on," I answered, pulling out a pinkish color so it wouldn't be that noticeable.  It was the kind of lip gloss you squirted onto your finger and rubbed on your lips, or you just squirted it onto your lips.  Whichever works.

"You'd still look pretty without it as well," A soft voice in my head said.

"WHAT THE CRAP?!" I yelled, dropping the lip gloss in my hand and stepping backwards.

My door opened and my mom rushed in.  "What is it, what's wrong?" He asked me, concerned.

"Uh, n-nothing!  What would possibly make you think something was wrong?" I lied, smiling.

She slowly nodded, now concerned for my sanity.  "All right then."  She left and carefully closed my door.

"Why did you yell?" Fez asked me, not believing my lie.

I waited till I heard my mom's footsteps as she went downstairs, then answered.  "There was a voice in my head."  I pointed to my head.

"Yeah, that's what happens when you think to yourself.  I guess this proves that you've never thought about anything."

"Hey!" I whined.  "And that's not what I meant.  It wasn't my voice thinking, it was someone else's."

I waited for the voice to speak again, but it was as if I had scared it off.  I hope I scared it off.  It shouldn't be in my head in the first place.

"Are you sure about that?"  Fez asked.

"I'm positive."

Hello? I thought to myself, or should I say I thought to the voice, if that makes sense.  Is someone there?  Hello?  No answer.  Oh well!

I bent down to pick up the lip gloss off the floor and put some on.

Fez moaned and said  "You're boring right now."

"Hey, look who's talking!  You're the one that just flies around asking questions and not answering any of mine!  You're the boring one around here!"

I turned around to face him.  He just stared at me.

"Can I see that lip gloss?" He asked, holding out a hand.

"Why?  It's not like you can do anything with it.  Unless!  If I put it on you, would others be able to see just the lip gloss?  That would be so weird!"  I was getting excited now.

"Can I just see it?" He seemed impatient.

"Fine."  I handed it to him.

"Thanks."  He poured ample amounts onto his hand, then looked at me.  "Here," He said, shoving his hand with the lip gloss on it into my face.

"AHH!" I yelled as he wiped it all over my face, some getting into my eyes.

"IT'S IN MY EYE!  GET IT OUT!  GET IT OUT!  GET IT OUT!"  I continued screaming that as I ran in circles around my room.