katie pie's final

and with quite the ill intent i stand on this hill, bat in hand. i would have said that i was waiting for someone.

      no one usually turned their heads when there was a sharpening scream sounding out through the still silence of an airport. i don't think anyone ever wondered enough to care- or that said lunatic was just the usual at the top of the morning. with a sprinting shot of expresso down the throat, i could've sworn i was the crazy one. tea was my favorite out of the two, but i simply couldn't put another three bills down to give myself that pleasure. indulging into myself wasn't exactly my forte, i suppose.

      it was the black towel that threw everything off the shelf, the desk, and the living room coffee table, and off the prestine white bedsheets. see, i never did laundry on the weekdays. it was too exhausting for a little hollywood lady that i was yet to become, he didn't believe so though. it was his absolute favorite thing in the house even though i was what you called a "house-wife". i was his dish washer, and laundry cleaner. i was supposed to dump out all the freshest clothes out the palm of my hands. i never liked that type of confining space, though. and so, i pushed myself out of it and stopped the continous strand of chores to do something i would fancy for once. he didn't believe i should have though.

      the scream of a man would have been my greatest fear i would've said to you if you asked back then. but see, i have changed now, and i suppose so had he. i guess we both had the spectacular idea to check out the brochures of an awfully straight-narrowed-2am-seat in the blankness of a place of planes. he blamed his presence on me, said that if i wasn't the lousy maid i was made to be, he wouldn't be here. he spewed the words that only a sinner would, and i knew he wasn't all that christian. he was never good at following a manual, he built and ikea chair upside down once.

      it was upon this grassy field that i finally knew where i was meant to be, and let me tell you- it wasn't wearing yellow rubber gloves that keep different smells off my hand other than a fresh lemon scent. it was here, on this hill, in this grass, with this tree. it was quite the sight to see- let me tell you. if only i had the right adjectives at the moment, i would've wrote the whole picture down. i had found the bat from off near the old run-down baseball field at the base of the hill. if was wooden and a bit cracked. one of the only things on my mind was if he would pop up like some snot on a hot day fever. another thing was the way the wind wasn't even that harsh- it didn't even blow up my skirt, and i have seen some thrusting wind, even it wasn't in the weather.

      i knew i would be within solitude once the sun started to set. then when it started to rise once more, bringing on the sight of a new day, i knew it knew i was too busy floating away. the sun knew where i was meant to be.

March 6th, 2020