9

lost

        everything was black.

        as soon as renjun woke up he was in a dark room. he can barely see a thing. he thought that the lights were off but— no, he was blindfolded.

        not to mention, he was still feeling lightheaded. he didn't feel well and he thinks that he's going to pass out any second.

        "ah, you're finally here," a man said. his voice was so familiar yet so... new. he heard this voice before, but he couldn't point out who it was. the lightheadedness didn't help him at figuring out who the man was either.

        he tried to scream for help, but to no avail. only muffled screams were heard and it wasn't enough for anyone outside to hear. he was squirming, but he was chained to the legs of the chair that he was sitting on.

        "i've been wanting to see you for ages," the man spoke up once again. "why didn't you talk to me for the past years? why did you leave me? did you know that your dad wanted you to marry me and not those two pathetic and irrelevant boys?"

        those words hurt renjun so bad.

        jeno and jaemin aren't pathetic nor irrelevant. in fact, they are the ones who lit his world up. they played a big role in his life, especially in making him happy.

        and why would his dad, hades, do something that he knows his son didn't want?

        he felt tears building up in his eyes, and in a little while, he felt the crystal-clear tears roll down from his cheeks to his chin. he wanted to defend them. he wanted to get out.

        "aww, we have a crybaby here," the man laughed and gently wiped renjun's tears away. his jaw was suddenly gripped harshly, making him face the man though his eyes were blindfolded.

        "we'll have a deal. you'll stay here, forever, and i wont harm those boys. i'll give you everything you need. food, clothing, anything. just don't try to escape. you know what will happen if you do," he said, then removed his grip from renjun's jaw. "you don't have a choice anyways. now stay here. i'll be going somewhere," the man said and walked out of the room, slamming the door shut which made renjun flinch.

        he misses them. so bad.

*°•'♡'•°*

        "hello? hello! yes. this is kim jungwoo, student 34 of class asteri. i would like to speak to lee taeyong," jungwoo said, communicating to their school through their phone.

        "he has his own phone."

        "we are aware, sir. though he isn't answering it."

        "alright. wait a second."

        there was a short second of silence before someone spoke again.

        "yes, jungwoo?"

        "hyung, we have a problem. a big one."

        "what is it?"

        "renjun. he— he's lost. mark said he got kidnapped."

        silence.

        "come back, immediately. no buts. gather everyone and we will send the chariots. we will discuss about this matter here."

        the line ended there and jungwoo called everyone. they quickly complied and walked towards jungwoo.

        "what did they say?" ten asked, trying to calm himself down. "taeyong-hyung said we'll have to discuss about it at school. they'll send us the chariots again to go back," jungwoo replied, his legs tapping.

        after a few minutes, the chariots came and they hurriedly rode it. they wanted to find renjun as soon as possible, hoping that he isn't hurt in any way.

        everyone was rushing through the halls as soon as they entered the school. they were sent to the conference room instead of their next classes.

        "tell me all the details," taeyong said as soon as they all sat down. every student looked at mark, signalling that he's supposed to tell the story.

        "alright. so renjun and i were sent to find more people that could help us for the mission since we were only a few. we walked around every spot in the city because no one was willing, until we reached this kind of deserted place. barely anyone was there. then when i was about to ask renjun, i heard a scream, making me look back. he was being pulled away, pushed into the car. i tried to run after them but the car was too fast."

        taeyong listened to every detail, taking down notes and adding comments in his notebook. "we'll have a mass search. you can't do this alone," taeyong sighed and massaged his temples. "we'll announce it in a little while. you are all dismissed."

        everyone left without a word, fear and silence enveloping all of them.