21

talk

       "please, renjun. let's talk."

       the chinese boy sighed and nodded his head, letting the two (carefully) drag him to somewhere private.

        out of everywhere, they (mostly jaemin) chose a classroom which was not used for months. dusts were seen here and there, making renjun sneeze multiple times.

        "renjun's sneezing too much, nana," jeno mumbled, giving his handkerchief to renjun which the smaller male gladly accepted.

        "ah, s-sorry injunnie. should we go somewhere else?"

        "no, i'm fine—" renjun sneezed yet again.

⠀⠀⠀the two looked at each other before leading renjun out of the room to the school's garden.

*°•'♡'•°*

⠀⠀⠀an awkward atmosphere enveloped the three; renjun swaying his legs back and forth, jaemin looking somewhere else as he whistles and jeno fiddling with his fingers.

⠀⠀⠀it made renjun annoyed, though.

⠀⠀⠀"you know," renjun started, trying to keep his composure calm. "if you two aren't going to talk, then i'm leaving."

⠀⠀⠀and just as renjun was about to stand up, both jaemin and jeno held his wrists to prevent him from leaving.

⠀⠀⠀"i-im sorry, we're sorry. please stay. we just don't know how to start it," jeno mumbled, making renjun look back at him.

⠀⠀⠀renjun felt his heart beat faster as their eyes locked with each other. jeno's pleading eyes weren't allowing him to go anywhere, as if his feet were stuck to the ground.

⠀⠀⠀they snapped out of their trance when jaemin decided to speak up. "please sit down, renjun. we just want to know a few things."

⠀⠀⠀with a sigh, renjun sat down. he avoided their gaze yet again, looking down on his lap and playing with his fingers. he was nervous for some reason, though he felt like he shouldn't be. what's there to talk about anyway? where he was when he was missing? who kidnapped him? why him and mark are together? why—

⠀⠀⠀"why were you avoiding us?" jeno questioned, though softly as if he was heartbroken. ("as if," renjun rolled his eyes.)

⠀⠀⠀renjun mentally cursed. out of all questions, why that?

⠀⠀⠀"we just.. wanted to know. you haven't hung out with us all day, but you seemed happy with your other friends. did we do anything that upset you? well— except my mistake before you disappeared," the youngest between the three said, his voice getting softer as he completes his statement.

⠀⠀⠀yes you did, the smaller boy wanted to say.

⠀⠀⠀"and the fact that you ran away from us," jeno added, stealing a short glance from renjun before looking at the variety of plants and flowers in front of them. "it's like you saw some sort of monster," a soft, sad laugh escaped his lips.

⠀⠀⠀"we just wanted to know where we went wrong," jaemin held onto his hand, making renjun look up at him. he was shocked when he saw that jaemin was so close to crying; his eyes were glossy and it seems like tears were threatening to fall down. "i-if it was because of our argument, please leave jeno out of this. we can fix it, i can fix it. please."

⠀⠀⠀not the right time, but renjun was questioning why they sounded like boyfriends after having an argument and renjun's their lover who was very upset with what they did.

⠀⠀⠀i mean, that is his situation. except the boyfriend and lover part. they don't even like him. where's the chance of him becoming their boyfriend?

⠀⠀⠀the petite boy's lips formed into a thin line, before deciding to tell a lie. "i didn't know how to tell you both that i liked you."

---

boom i am back <3 im so sorry for not updating :( but i will be updating again soon! thank you for your patience, i hope you all are doing well. and i want you to know that you're loved and treasured!

-chelsea <3