17

final

       "hello, mark-hyung."

       mark... mark lee?

       one of his closest friend? someone who he considers like a brother? he kidnapped him?

       "mark-hyung, it's felix. renjun said that he'd agree that you're going to date him," felix said nonchalantly, pacing around the room. "yes, hyung. he said it himself. though, there were some conditions."

       renjun sighed and smacked himself with a pillow, laying down on the bed as he listens to felix and mark's conversation with each other.

       "to summarize everything he said, he just wants to live his normal life again, then he agrees to date you," felix sat on the couch and slouches. "no— no, no, hyung. he'll live with his family. i think he only lives with his mortal mom."

       'how the fuck did he know that?'

       "yeah, okay. noted, hyung. i will. you too," felix said before ending the call and diverting his gaze to renjun. "he agreed to all the things you said. you'll leave tomorrow. mark-hyung said he'll be the one to fix all this."

       "finally!" renjun cheered, lifting a pillow in the air as the thought of being with his mom rushed in his mind, making him smile unconsciously.

       then an image of two certain boys popped out in his brain, immediately replacing his smile into a frown. he doesn't want to talk to them. he doesn't want to see them. he doesn't want to interact with them. he knows that his heart would just break into pieces once he sees the two, and he wants to avoid that.

       "yo, felix. did you see my phone?" a boy came in and asked in english, looking at felix. "no i didn't— don't tell me you lost your phone, bangchan," felix replied in english, groaning and stood up, looking around for the said boy's phone.

       bangchan went in the small cabin to look for his phone. "what about you, renjun? did you see it?" he asked without looking at him, and renjun hums a soft "no." the two boys gave up eventually and sighed, sitting on the couch. "i guess i'll be buying one again," bangchan said with a small pout, making felix and renjun laugh softly.

*°•'♡'•°*

       the night passed by quickly and renjun apparently fell asleep after a short chat with the two boys. it was a saturday by the time that renjun would go back home, and he never felt so glad.

       the sun's rays hitting his face early in the morning caused him to wake up in annoyance. he groaned and rubbed his eyes, fluttering it open as he observed his surroundings. he was still in a cabin, at an unknown place. though, he knows that he'll go home by today.

       he stood up and fixed his bed like how he would everyday and as he walked by the couch, he saw felix sleeping on it. he laughed for a short time and his smile was replaced with a frown due to the thought that the boy might've felt very uncomfortable in that sleeping position.

       after minutes of contemplation, renjun decided not to wake him up since they might leave in a few hours, and he wanted everyone to get enough rest.

       he prepared himself some breakfast (though it was usually felix, bangchan or another boy who would,) before deciding to look through the other rooms to find mark. he was lowkey hoping that it was not the mark that he knows since if it is him he'll cry—

       a door creaked open from the room in the middle and to his surprise, mark lee, the one who is very close with, came out of the room with disheveled hair and in pyjamas.

       he doesn't know whether he'll laugh or cry. if he does both, he'll probably look like a complete idiot.

       nevermind. at that point, he decided to cry.

       "m-mark-hyung?" renjun called out, his voice cracking up as he felt his eyes starting to get warm and the tears brimming his eyes. the older looked at him with surprise and slowly walked towards renjun.

       "mark-hyung... it— it was you all along?" the smaller boy tried his best not to break down as he backs out, mark getting closer to him; the tears in his eyes threatening to fall down.

       "i— i'm sorry. i didn't mean to cause any harm, renjun. when i saw you with those two boys, i didn't know what to do," mark replied, his voice getting softer and softer as his sentence ended.

       "b-but!! you agreed that we'll be dating.. and i'll make you happy— happier than those two can make you. just please, forgive me. i'll clean all this mess," the older kneeled down and begged, looking up at renjun who was biting on his lower lip to prevent himself from crying, though some tears already escaped his eyes.

       with a sigh, renjun wiped his tears away and looked everywhere else except the boy kneeling down in front of him. "just bring me home."

i think this book is gonna end soon 🥺 tho thank you all so much for the support !! i'll also try to update a lot before school starts :D

i also published my kakegurui-inspired noren au !! its in my profile and i would be glad if you all would check it out :D