23

frustrated

⠀⠀⠀renjun sat on the bathroom floor, tears rushing down his cheeks as he sobbed. he was curled like a ball, wrapping his arms around his legs while his head was down.

⠀⠀⠀if you were expecting someone, or even jaemin and jeno to come inside, you're wrong.

⠀⠀⠀for some reason, no one bothered to enter the bathroom. he was all alone for who knows how long, and when he checked his phone he saw that it was 1:30 PM.

⠀⠀⠀his class starts at 1 PM.

⠀⠀⠀he's 30 minutes late.

⠀⠀⠀he quickly stood up and fixed his outfit before looking at himself in the mirror. he looked horrible, he thought. his eyes, nose and lips were puffy and red, there were stains of tears on his pinkish cheeks, and his hair was a big mess.

⠀⠀⠀he quickly washed his hands before splashing his face with water and wiping it dry with his handkerchief.

⠀⠀⠀dashing out from the bathroom, he sprinted towards his next class as his brain tries to make up a stupid yet believable excuse for being late and looking disheveled. as fuck.

⠀⠀⠀the hallway was empty so he ran as fast as he could. though definitely, the students witnessing him running with a face which was fresh from crying, would make a big issue out of it.

⠀⠀⠀so much for trying to keep everything a secret.

⠀⠀⠀he sighed and ran as fast as he could. the classroom was a long way to go and he was hoping that his legs wouldn't give up on him.

⠀⠀⠀upon arriving at front of the door of his destination, he catches his breath for a few minutes before knocking in the door three times and opening it.

⠀⠀⠀"good afternoon, mr. choi. i'm genuinely sorry for being this late. something came up and i lost track of time since i was in the bathroom. i promise i won't do it again," renjun bowed in a 90 degree angle, apologizing in between pants as he continue to struggle to catch a decent amount of air.

⠀⠀⠀"we were wondering where you were, mr. huang. i hope that this really won't happen again, but i also hope that you're doing well," his teacher said in a strict yet comforting and worried tone. "please go to your seat."

⠀⠀⠀the small boy mumbled a soft "thank you" before rushing to his seat, immediately grabbing his bottle of water to drink. other students were giving him concerned looks, but he shrugged them off and continued to listen.

⠀⠀⠀he totally forgot that he shared this class with two people who were sending him intense yet concerned stares.

*°•'♡'•°*

⠀⠀⠀"why on earth was renjun crying? what came up?" jaemin whisper-yelled at jeno as they walked through the hallways to their lockers. jeno just shrugged, not bothering to look at jaemin.

⠀⠀⠀"did he have an argument with mark hyung?" the younger said to himself, before letting out a small sigh, though jeno heard what he said.

⠀⠀⠀"maybe, maybe not," jeno said, still not looking at jaemin. "mark hyung was with him. though, it could be possible that something did come up but he was alone when he arrived at the classroom. mark hyung's classroom is beside ours, too. he could've accompanied him. he was probably left alone, or he wanted to be alone."

⠀⠀⠀jaemin hummed, nodding his head. "if they did have an argument, then why did renjun cry so much? he looked so tired from all the crying. was he really sensitive? or did mark say somet—"

⠀⠀⠀"jaemin, i don't give a fuck about what happened. we shouldn't meddle with their relationship and it's not like we can have renjun."

⠀⠀⠀jaemin frowned at the other's last statement. "but you just told me what you observed awhile ago," he tilted his head, furrowing his eyebrows at jeno.

⠀⠀⠀jeno was left silent. he sighed, mumbled a soft "whatever" and walked faster, leaving jaemin surprised with his sudden actions.

ive been writing this for a year now.... damn..... HSHSHSHHD ANYWAYS SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATES ILY ALL I'LL DO MY BEST TO UPDATE MORE

and please pray for the philippines :( a typhoon struck the country a few days ago and it was really bad. prayers and donations would be gladly appreciated.

stay safe and take care!

-chelsea <3