16

complicated

        renjun had awoken from his nap— was it still considered a nap? he slept for two hours.

        even if he slept for that long, the kidnapper still isn't back. it's currently 10:34 pm, he checked the clock on the wall. he usually comes back by 9 pm.

        wait, why the fuck is he concerned?

        he groaned and pulled on his hair before curling into a ball and lowering his head as a few thoughts run in his head.

        no, he doesn't like the kidnapper. he despised whoever he was. all his friends and his family would be dead worried because of him.

        he sighed and rested his chin on his arm with a pout. he just can't stay there and do nothing. he has to try and escape from this place.

        but how?

        his abilities would be useless since the place he's staying in weakens him. he doesn't have any weapon with him. he doesn't even know the way out of the forest.

        he continued to think until his thinking session was interrupted by one of the men who was guarding the home.

        "renjun, look at this picture," he said, pulling out a picture from an envelope. two people were seen, hand in hand, in the forest. who are they?

        "i know what you're thinking. 'who are they?' well, great news hun," the man said, sitting on the bed with a smirk. "it's jaemin and jeno."

        jaemin.. and jeno... in the forest?

        why were they here??

        it didn't hurt when he looked at the picture for the first time, but now that he said that it was jaemin and jeno, he felt a stinging pain in his heart and felt it shatter into a million pieces. not to mention, his world collapsing and everything seems to be in slow motion.

        "it looks like they were here for a date. they don't need you anymore," the man continued, his smirk getting wider. "you aren't important to them anymore. they're better off without you."

        they're better off... without him?

        he let the crystal-clear tears roll down to his chin as he felt his heart being crushed even more. they played with his feelings? they made him all flustered and his heart race for nothing? after all the times they were together—

        what the fuck.

       "no— no... you're wrong," renjun squeaked as a new set of tears fall down. it was hard to breathe. "they... they wouldn't p-play with my feelings l-like that—"

       "oh, but they did. you saw the picture," the man continued and stood up from the bed, placing the picture in the drawer near the couch.

       he did see the picture... but was it enough proof that they were dating? that they played with his feelings?

       he screamed and cried harder at that thought; no. he wouldn't let them put his hopes high ever again. he won't allow people to step on him like that.

       "hey, you," renjun called out to the man, which gladly looked at him. "it's final. i'll date, i'll marry whoever my kidnapper is," the man hummed and took his phone, but renjun continued to talk. "but only in one condition. i'll go back to school, i'll be with my family. and you better be resposible for the reasons why i was kidnapped. you better explain to the school what happened."

       probably a dumb move... but he needs to clear his thoughts.

       "alright, deal," the ally nodded and opened his phone to dial the number of their boss. "you wouldn't have a hard time getting along with your kidnapper. you know him anyways."

       wait— what the fu—

       "hello, mark-hyung."

~~~

little sneak peek for my kakegurui inspired noren story