20

letting go

       renjun sat in shock as he saw jaemin and jeno looking at him through the door. have they been listening to him the whole time?

       they stared at each other for quite awhile, the chinese boy blinking for a few times to see if he was really not hallucinating, before he decided to stand up and exit the room as fast as possible. he ran to the nearest exit, the two having no luck of catching him due to his fast reflexes.

       he ran out of the music room and to the hallways, the two taller boys following him behind and yelling his name. even if he wanted to stop and let them talk to him, there was just a side of him that couldn't. he was too hurt and broken at the moment and he doesn't have the energy to confront them.

       "r-renjun!! please, wait!!" jeno pleaded as he yelled, though the chinese boy never stopped running. instead, he tried to speed up even if he felt his legs giving up on him. don't listen to them.

       "renjun, please!! just talk to us, we don't know what we did wrong," jaemin said after, hoping that the smaller boy would give in and let them have a proper conversation.

       "no! shut the fuck up! i don't want to talk with the both of you!!" renjun spit out without thinking. he stopped his tracks when he realized what he said, looking back at the two with tears in his eyes yet again. i need to stop being a crybaby, he thought.

       he saw that jaemin and jeno weren't chasing him anymore but instead, they were looking at him with wide eyes; disbelief painted on their face.

       renjun never cursed at them, and the fact that he just did made jaemin and jeno's hearts shatter. they were too hurt to the point that it's already becoming numb.

       "r-renjun," jeno called out softly, slowly walking towards the boy with jaemin beside him.

       the oldest of the three didn't bother to move even if he wanted to. he just stood there, sobbing softly as his hands were covering his face. his breathing was uneven, he was nibbling on his lower lip to surpress his cries.

       jaemin and jeno wrapped their arms around him, engulfing him in a big hug. the youngest gently caressed renjun's back whilst the other comforted and mumbled sweet words to him.

       renjun was too weak, too tired to even push them away. he just lets them hug him, especially since this is what he needed the most.

       "please, renjun. let's talk."

oh well there we go again w da short chapter, but i need yall to vote on these two letters:

m

or

c

it will affect the next chapters, but not the ending. choose wisely :)

also, votes and comments would be greatly appreciated! thank uu

love,
chelsea <3

edit 1: my noren story is out, would be glad if u guys checked it out 🥺👉👈 tho i completely understand if u guys are not comfy w action/mature content!