24

silent

⠀⠀⠀the next day was weird— well, that's for jaemin and jeno. they noticed that they always seemed to cross paths with renjun, though he didn't seem to notice. jaemin thought that it would be a sign, but he doesn't know what it could possibly mean.

⠀⠀⠀and with how often they saw each other on campus, the two, mostly jaemin, noticed how renjun's smile would decrease.

⠀⠀⠀it's only been like, half of the day.

⠀⠀⠀jaemin pulled jeno out of the classroom after the bell had rung, which meant that it was lunchtime. the latter was confused, but he just lets him do whatever he wants since his mind already left the world after math class.

⠀⠀⠀though, jaemin's pulling didn't last long when he realized that they were walking towards a familiar petite boy, sitting alone as he eats his lunch which was packed in a handmade moomin-designed lunch box.

⠀⠀⠀"what are you doing!?" jeno whisper yelled, stopping their tracks as his eyes were wide. jaemin looked at him with his eyebrows furrowed, tilting his head.

⠀⠀⠀"we're going to talk to renjun..?" jaemin replied nonchalantly. "he seems to be stressed out."

⠀⠀⠀"jaemin, i really don't think it's a good idea. what if renjun gets into an issue?" the older groans, sparing the petite boy a few meters away from them a short glance.

⠀⠀⠀soft waves of laughter erupted from jaemin's lips (which made jeno blush, by the way. his laugh is cute) as his eyes turned into small crescents. "what do you mean issue? does anyone know that we like him? no!"

⠀⠀⠀"um, actually, yes," someone behind jaemin suddenly spoke, which made him flinch and almost hit the poor person on the face with his fist.

        "jisung? what are you doing here?" jeno asked, his brain still processing the events occurring at the moment. he's close to tearing his hair out from the frustration, but his face shows a cute expression of him with furrowed eyebrows, pink cheeks, and pouting lips. 

        "i just heard your conversation involving renjun-hyung," the tall, young boy replied with a gummy smile. "you two like him, ehh? ehhhh?"

        "oh, shut up," jaemin blushed at jisung's teasing, rolling his eyes somewhere else to look away. "don't tell anyone else or you're dead meat to me."

        "chill! i know how to keep my mouth shut," jisung raised his arms up in defense as he chuckled and shook his head. "the person who doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut is chenle. you're lucky he's not here with me right now."

        jaemin and jeno raised an eyebrow, tilting their heads as if they don't believe what jisung said.

        "do i have to remind you about that one time when i told you about my crush on that one senior named lucas? you told jeno about it even if i told you to keep it a secret." 

        "that was the past!" the youngest whined, a light tint spread across his cheeks. "i'm completely grown up now and i really know how to keep secrets."

        "that's what you said the last time."

        "but i'm for real this time!"

        "that's also what you said the last time."

        "fine," jisung pouted and crossed his arms, mumbling the next few words. "i will do my best to keep it a secret."

        jaemin smiled like a proud mom and ruffled his soft hair. "good! now, off you go. you have class to attend."

       "yeah and you have a crush to go to," the youngest stuck his tongue out and ran away with a wide smile before the two of them could do anything to him.

        jaemin rolled his eyes and laughed before holding onto jeno's hand. just as they were about to approach the table where the small boy was sitting and peacefully eating his lunch, they realized something.

        there were almost no students inside the cafeteria.

        both of them groaned, jaemin slapping his face with his hand. "i thought we arrived early. where's everyone?"

        and jaemin, who has an annoyed and petty expression plastered on his face, replied, "i thought you don't want to see renjun?"

        "i said everyone, not renjun."

        "you just said 'renjun' right now."

        "cut it out, nana," jeno purposely called jaemin with that nickname to cheer him up. "I'm sure we'll get to talk to him soon."

hi! I'm sorry I haven't updated for a few months :(( some things came up aaaa I'll do my best to update regularly! stay safe!